(Archived) Feature Request: Full on Syncing

Alright, so far whenever you sync, it only syncs the existing notes on your device but not the new ones you make on Evernote Web. All it does is downloads the headers which is basically only the title of the note, with the notebook location. In order to get the note, you would have to open the note and let it download. Evernote (Mobile) should have an option to download all new notes, when it syncs.

If I update right now and go off-line, the note is there (the headers) but the actual note content is not.

A way to get past this now is to open every newly created note and wait for it to all download.

I would really like to see this get impliment fully on Evernote as a full, proper sync.

• Level 5*

i am not exactly sure what you mean, but speaking about mobile platforms, you are correct that they do not download notes. en downloads them only as needed, thank goodness. given the comparatively small memory size of mobile devices, the weak processors, and the inability to do true multitasking (at least, on the ipad), this makes sense.

if you want to keep notes on your device, then become a premium member and mark a folder for use offline. evernote will then do just what you want: automatically download all the notes (new and old) contained in that folder.

if you want to keep notes on your device, then become a premium member and mark a folder for use offline. evernote will then do just what you want: automatically download all the notes (new and old) contained in that folder.

What GM said.

i am not exactly sure what you mean, but speaking about mobile platforms, you are correct that they do not download notes. en downloads them only as needed, thank goodness. given the comparatively small memory size of mobile devices, the weak processors, and the inability to do true multitasking (at least, on the ipad), this makes sense.

a method away from getting premium is to open the new notes, every single on of them since it keeps all of the notes in a cache. Which is good. Although, I am considering going for premium, the 1GB upload is really nice but I was like cramming as much content as I can in the least 7 days of the monthly cycle. I uploaded 40MB of content, such as photos of notes from school and stuff from WikiPedia. I don't even use 1GB, yet. And I feel compelled to make every MB count since the space does not stack. If it did, I would have no problem with getting Premium.

The note size is not even close to 25MB (which is the free users limit), nor do I e-mail 50 times a day (another free user thing). I do like the PIN lock for Android but the PDF searching can be done with QuickOffice pro, which I already have. Note history is useful but I don't use it a whole lot right now, but I'm sure I will later on.

The ability to download all of the notes from a notebook is really nice too, when I need to sync notes whenever I get a new device (i.e. iPad) and download them like what I wanted in the OP. Also note sharing, I don't know anyone else that uses EverNote. None of my friends use it but I advertise because it's such a good service, even for free users like me. The Support I think I can wait, using the forums and such. And I don't mind the ads either.

For $45 a year, it's still pretty inexpensive as I use it a lot right now, for school, etc.

Either way, I would totally go for Premium right away if they stacked the monthly upload amount limit or I would end up trying to upload as much as I can to get the most of the 1GB monthly upload. It's like any cloud storage but with a monthly usage limit. Or when Premium has more features. I will keep up with the blogs and news on Evernote.

Premium is a bit light in my opinion, but this service with six million plus users will only improve and I wish to see that continue.

a method away from getting premium is to open the new notes, every single on of them since it keeps all of the notes in a cache.

Not exactly. By definition, a cache will be cleared as needed. So planning on accessing your notes when you don't have an internet connection by using the cached notes can be very unreliable.

For $45 a year, it's still pretty inexpensive as I use it a lot right now, for school, etc.

I agree.

but this service with six million plus users will only improve and I wish to see that continue.

Last I knew (July, 2011), EN had twelve million users. Not sure how many there are now.

a method away from getting premium is to open the new notes, every single on of them since it keeps all of the notes in a cache.

Not exactly. By definition, a cache will be cleared as needed. So planning on accessing your notes when you don't have an internet connection by using the cached notes can be very unreliable.

I have roughly 70 mb of evernote stuff on my phone right now. I clear my caches on everything but evernote. I know how unreliable it is as I can accidently clear all caches and end up redoanloading the 300+ notes.

but this service with six million plus users will only improve and I wish to see that continue.

Last I knew (July, 2011), EN had twelve million users. Not sure how many there are now.

• Level 5*

All good points.

a method away from getting premium is to open the new notes, every single on of them since it keeps all of the notes in a cache. Which is good. Although, I am considering going for premium, the 1GB upload is really nice but I was like cramming as much content as I can in the least 7 days of the monthly cycle. I uploaded 40MB of content, such as photos of notes from school and stuff from WikiPedia. I don't even use 1GB, yet. And I feel compelled to make every MB count since the space does not stack. If it did, I would have no problem with getting Premium.

yep. i just uploaded a bunch of files! after going paperless i began generating a lot of pdfs, so i have no problem reaching 1gb. in fact, i could probably go another decade or so without running out of stuff, because i have digitized hundreds of books on my own, not to mention articles and other materials i have downloaded.

The note size is not even close to 25MB (which is the free users limit), nor do I e-mail 50 times a day (another free user thing). I do like the PIN lock for Android but the PDF searching can be done with QuickOffice pro, which I already have. Note history is useful but I don't use it a whole lot right now, but I'm sure I will later on.

forwarding websites emails, and other stuff gets me well above 50. the great thing about the pdf searching is that the files are in evernote (i ocr them myself), and not on my hard drive :lol:

The ability to download all of the notes from a notebook is really nice too, when I need to sync notes whenever I get a new device (i.e. iPad) and download them like what I wanted in the OP. Also note sharing, I don't know anyone else that uses EverNote. None of my friends use it but I advertise because it's such a good service, even for free users like me. The Support I think I can wait, using the forums and such. And I don't mind the ads either.

offline notebooks are nice. i have several colleagues who use evernote, but sharing isn't a huge thing. useful to have, but not something i heavily rely upon. i don't mind the ads either. the quick support, though, has been handy.

i am keen on premium, but it isn't for everyone.

All good points.

i am keen on premium, but it isn't for everyone.

I will probably go for Premium when I see that I need the 1GB, or when Evernote allows you to stack the monthly usage, so if you don't use 1GB at all in one month, the next month, you get 2GB since the extra is stacked from the previous month.

Archived