(Archived) Changing which image appears in snippet view

What is the formula Evernote uses to show the default image that appears in the snippet view of a note? I've noticed that it isn't the first, or largest, image on the page, but rather the 2nd or 3rd, and more often than not, that usually is an ad I could care less about in a webclip or something else. If I delete images, it uses a different image, but hardly ever the FIRST image. What gives?

Ah, very informative. It's just strange when I do a web clipping and the main article photo should be the thumbnail to go along with the headline, but instead, its a totally unrelated banner ad that shows up. And yes, I can go back and edit/delete the unwanted images, I usually do, but sometimes a page isn't built in a way that EN picks just the article, but it must clip the whole page...

thanks for the link.

• Level 5

Sometimes the photo of the writer shows up. Fortunately, it is relatively easy to delete the photo from the note. And Evernote maintains a link to the website, so in the unusual event that I needed it, I could go back to the site to capture it.

Archived