(Archived) Auto into edit mode

Spirous

It is really really frustrating that I can't set Evernote up to automatically go straight into edit mode whenever I open a note.

I'm on the go and have a quick link to a note that I want to quickly add something into. Just clicking on it should make it possible to edit immediately. I notice that 90% of times I open a note it is to edit it, seldom I open only to read it.

I agree. The fact that you can't really "mess up" a note if it opens in edit mode (because you are prompted to save or discard changes), it's an easy way to save time.

+1 for the suggestion.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

Editing is an expensive operation specially editing a rich text note.

I agree, it might be a good option for user to directly open notes in edit mode.

But seeing the pictures only in attachment bar is not a good user experience..

Well, we have noted the request.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Hemant

I'm on the go and have a quick link to a note that I want to quickly add something into. Just clicking on it should make it possible to edit immediately. I notice that 90% of times I open a note it is to edit it, seldom I open only to read it.

Different people will use it differently. I'd estimate 99% of the time on my phone I am opening an existing note to view only.

Hi Guys,

Editing is an expensive operation specially editing a rich text note.

I agree, it might be a good option for user to directly open notes in edit mode.

But seeing the pictures only in attachment bar is not a good user experience..

Well, we have noted the request.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Hemant

How about only allowing this on plain text notes? I REALLY want Evernote to be the only note-taking application on my phone, but it isn't there yet. I take lots of quick notes and no other note application opens notes up in a locked non-editable state (I understand why Evernote does). I want to be able to click a shortcut/widget on my desktop and be typing additions to that note instantly. I cannot allow Evernote to capture my ideas because by the time the note loads, press menu, edit...the idea is gone.

Other options are to mark a notebook as plain text notes which can be opened editable. There must be some ways to lessen this gap Evernote has with other note-taking apps. Yes it has lots of features, but the simplicity of quickly jotting a note cannot be underestimated. Please consider how others use this application. I hope this feature is added soon and I can slowly start to remove other note applications from my phone!

The easiest solution is to make an option in the Evernote Settings > On Open Note: Edit / View Only.

Easy - let the user decide :(

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Archived