(Archived) Will full version of Evernot read OneNote

juliasab

Idea

I have just moved from a windows laptop to a Mac Pro and have downloaded free version of Evernote. I need to transfer all my notes from One Note and am prepared to upgrade from the free version if it will convert my OneNote files. I have looked to see if this is possible but all I can find is Evernote saying that it will read 'all files' with the full version. Can anyone confirm this.

2 replies to this idea

I have looked to see if this is possible but all I can find is Evernote saying that it will read 'all files' with the full version. Can anyone confirm this.

To clarify, the premium version of EN does not read all files. You can, however, add any file type to a premium account, as long as the note size is under 50 mb. File types that are not pdfs or images are attachments & show up as an icon. In order to view or edit these attachments, you double click or "right click/open as" & use a third party app on your computer. This prevents EN from having to reinvent the wheel & include code that would bloat their product & allows users flexibility. IE, you may want to have Powerpoint files in EN & yet I never use PP, so I don't need that capability. Handing off to third party apps allows you to have PP and me to have Edraw files in mine.

Archived