(Archived) synced notes dissappearing

On several occasions I've put notes in my home computer that don't show up on my work computer the next day. When I go home they're missing from there too. Either I'm loosing my mind or could it be that:

Evernote doesn't necessarily sync before I quit it on my home computer; and

when it syncs from the work computer it replaces rather than combines my notes?

The missing notes are missing from the web vesion too, and there is nothing in the Activity log to suggest a technical problem.

I need this problem solved in order to have enough confidence to continue using Evernote.

I have exactly the same problem. I have just lost a bunch of important stuff (the hours I have to bill a client - without which I don't get paid for last week). I saved the note on my home PC, I don't think it synched and then on my laptop i may have saved the doc (which was out of date), and this one has become the master copy.

The only solution to getting the data back is to pay the premium fee to look at old copies (catch 22, pay for software which I am not sure I totally trust any more, or loose my data). :(:(

I was really starting to make use of the software in my day to day usage which is a shame. I think partly the problem is the slow server synch, whereas dropbox has synched within seconds, often evernote seems to take many minutes, so there is more time to create a conflict. I wouldn't mind getting a conflict so much though, its lost data I have a problem with.

On several occasions I've put notes in my home computer that don't show up on my work computer the next day. When I go home they're missing from there too. Either I'm loosing my mind or could it be that:

Evernote doesn't necessarily sync before I quit it on my home computer; and

when it syncs from the work computer it replaces rather than combines my notes?

The missing notes are missing from the web vesion too, and there is nothing in the Activity log to suggest a technical problem.

Evernote does not sync upon exit. You can set a time period for auto sync'ing (tools/options/sync) and you can manually sync. (Which is something I do after I've made a lot of changes to important notes. Just like I CTRL-S to manually save a document/spreadsheet after making a lot of changes. You will need to make sure you've sync'd all your computers. Then, on all computers that have a desktop version, look for a notebook named "conflicting notes." More info on conflicting notes.

I think partly the problem is the slow server synch, whereas dropbox has synched within seconds, often evernote seems to take many minutes,

And Evernote syncs a lot more info than Dropbox does, too, IE indexing, which makes it easier to find a note in Evernote. Well, unless you have only about 10 notes, then it may be a toss up.

• Level 5*

If you are doing all the things that the fragrant BnF suggests and still see a problem then I suggest you open a support case.

What you are reporting is far from the norm with Evernote.

Evernote does not sync upon exit. You can set a time period for auto sync'ing (tools/options/sync) and you can manually sync.

Thanks. That's the simplest explanation. I'll endeavour to sync before closing and watch for further problems.

That leads to another question. Does Evernote sync automatically upon starting? If not I can see potential for lots of problems.

Archived