(Archived) Feature request: Stacked folders on all platforms

Please note, stacks are a newly added feature & are being rolled out to each client as they are added to each client.

Tags are okay, but there is no control over what tags are used for a given document.

No idea what that's supposed to mean or how that relates to stacks.

• Level 5*

I think he/she wants only certain tags to be available in certain notebooks or something like that. Very corporate, very un-Evernote and very unlikely to be ever implemented.

here here. the stacks really have no function right now except to group notebooks. It's also very confusing across devices when they don't even recognize stacks. In terms of searchability, the stacks should remain, particularly an option on mobile devices. I should also have the ability to look at my notes by Stack - not just notebooks. Much to hard to get what I need quickly.

Same mentality should be implemented with Favorites. The only place I can even 'star' a favorite is on my iPhone - the functionality or attribute doesn't even show up on my other devices.

Simply put, stacked notebooks are needed but need to work on all platforms. Right now they are only supported on the Mac.

No, they are supported on Windows, too. And like I said...

Please note, stacks are a newly added feature & are being rolled out to each client as they are added to each client.

On the other topic:

Tags are okay, but there is no control over what tags are used for a given document.
Who cares if it is corporate or not - I personally use it on multiple platforms.

This makes no sense. Metrodon's post at least made some sense of it. But if it's not corporate, then I guess you just need to be more disciplined about what tags you assign to a document.

• Level 5*
Simply put, stacked notebooks are needed but need to work on all platforms. Right now they are only supported on the Mac. Who cares if it is corporate or not - I personally use it on multiple platforms.

I was talking about your less than clear requirements around tags - your post was so unclear that I was doing my best to make sense of it. Looking at your later responses, I'm not sure you even understand what you wrote.

I'll leave this here though

"Thanks for the suggestions!"

Archived