(Archived) Line returns

I have noticed lately when I press return, the prompt goes to the next line, (Single Spaced) instead of double spacing.

It used to double space, which I liked, because if I wanted it single spaced, I could Shift/Enter to get single.

Now it single spaces most of the time, but using Shift/Enter does not switch it to double.

Can it be switched so just entering it is one way, and shift/Enter is the other?

I'd like to be able to choose, where now if it single spaces, there is nothing to do except enter twice, which makes it so some of my notes that I like to all match, do not.

-Gary

I have noticed lately when I press return, the prompt goes to the next line, (Single Spaced) instead of double spacing.

It used to double space, which I liked, because if I wanted it single spaced, I could Shift/Enter to get single.

Now it single spaces most of the time, but using Shift/Enter does not switch it to double.

Can it be switched so just entering it is one way, and shift/Enter is the other?

I'd like to be able to choose, where now if it single spaces, there is nothing to do except enter twice, which makes it so some of my notes that I like to all match, do not.

-Gary

I suspect that you think it used to double space, but it has never, by default, to my knowledge, done so. I think what you've seen is that when a note is imported in HTML format, it automatically doublespaces the text, and the return key double spaces because the text is formatted that way. In an ordinary text note, a return has always been single spaced.

Hopet this helps in your world.

O.K. I think you are correct with that.

Most my notes begin with pasted material.

I like having things double spaced. I know if I am in a double spaced area, and want it single spaced, I shift/enter.

Is there a way to force it to double space?

-Gary

O.K. I think you are correct with that.

Most my notes begin with pasted material.

I like having things double spaced. I know if I am in a double spaced area, and want it single spaced, I shift/enter.

Is there a way to force it to double space?

-Gary

Might be a crude workaround, haven't tried it, but you might try "pasting" some blank space from an email (I think pasting from emails gives double spacing, at least in Windoze) into a note, then see what happens when you start typing. Might even be able to create some kind of "template" in EN with the blank area from email pasted in. Just copy that to the new one? Just an idea, no idea if it'll work.

Archived