Deleting Daily Note Notebook

Go to solution Solved by Kheldar321,

I turned it on, thinking I would use it, but not with the built in templates. I forgot about it and it ran for several days. When I noticed, I turned it off and deleted the ones already created. They just went into trash. I don't think there is anything special about the notes themselves, they are just automatically created. 

• Solution

The notes themselves are fine. I was curious about deleting the notebook the option creates (Daily Notes).

I created a test account and found the following:

If you enable Daily Notes, it normally creates the notes in a new notebook called "Daily Notes". If you delete that notebook, the daily notes now create in your default notebook. The caveat is that if you delete the default "Daily Notes" notebook, there is no way to re-link daily notes to it, if re-created.

That would be a nice option to have, the ability to choose what notebook the daily notes are created in.

4 minutes ago, Kheldar321 said:

The notes themselves are fine. I was curious about deleting the notebook the option creates (Daily Notes).

If you enable Daily Notes, it normally creates the notes in a new notebook called "Daily Notes". If you delete that notebook, the daily notes now create in your default notebook. The caveat is that if you delete the default "Daily Notes" notebook, there is no way to re-link daily notes to it, if re-created.

That would be a nice option to have, the ability to choose what notebook the daily notes are created in.

That's interesting. I have one of my community experiencing the same and looks like they may have deleted the initial notebook. I'll mention it.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kheldar321 said:

Got, sorry I misunderstood. Good to know. I didn't delete the notebook, but only because I didn't think of it. I would probably use the feature, if I could customize the template. Hopefully that's coming soon.