Limit Reached. Just happened.

I have been using Evernote for years with just two devices using the free version. Today for some reason it popped up and said my limit was reached. It showed my mobile device and my desktop which is the only two that I've ever used. Why does it want me to remove one now? Thanks for any help I appreciate it.

• Level 5

Everything you need to know is in the help article.

Think about why you use EN. Either decide to upgrade to a paid account, or move to another service. Free is meant to be a trial, not for sustained use.

16 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Everything you need to know is in the help article.

Think about why you use EN. Either decide to upgrade to a paid account, or move to another service. Free is meant to be a trial, not for sustained use.

I understand that free sometimes does not mean "forever". However, it would have been good to receive a bit more notice about this happening so users could make decisions about where to keep their content. 

Unfortunately, the help article does not assist with anything - at least in my case - as I simply get the pop-up and it does not allow me to access my content, despite trying to remove devices. I can see from Redditt and here that a lot of people are having the same problem. 

• Sad 1
  • Level 5

When you unsynced too many devices, the unsync limit will kick in. Since I didn’t experience this on my free accounts, I can’t tell from direct experience.

But after it kicked in the options are wait for 30 days when it lifts itself again, or subscribe for a month.