Hello, new EN user here and I'm experiencing a strange sync issue.  

I created 22 notebooks on my Mac and stacked them.  There is one notebook that contains a single note, it's an outline of the entire stack and I hyperlinked all of the topics in the outline note to all of the relevant notes in the other 21 notebooks.  This way, I only have to open the outline note and clink the link for the note/topic I want to work on.  This works flawlessly on the Mac.  If I want to hyperlink additional words in the main outline page on the Mac I can see all of the other notebooks in the stack after I click "Select note."  I completed the stack yesterday and I can see it all when I login via a browser.  

Today I installed EN on my PC as I have a bigger monitor to work on vs the Mac screen.  All of my notes appear on the PC client, but if I try to add additional links to my outline note, I don't see any of the notebooks from my stack.  I only see notebooks that my friend has shared with me.  

I've attached a screenshot from my PC EN (Windows 11).  You can see the stack labeled as "CCIE - Enterprise Infra..." and I've already hit the "Select note" button.  I don't see any of my notebooks, just the ones my friend shared with me.  On my Mac, I can see all of my notebooks.  

What could be causing this?  Am I supposed to export them from my Mac to my PC?  

Personal on 10.100.1 - downloaded from Evernote website.

screenshot.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sounds like you made a lot of complicated changes.  Your Mac will sync with the web server,  and the PC will then sync and download those changes.  That process is not instantaneous.  Check your data by signing in to Evernote.com in a browser.  If your notebooks are not visible there,  you need to give the Mac more time to upload.  If the notebooks are visible - give the PC more time to download.

• Level 5

First make sure that everything you did has reached the server. You can check in the web client.

Then make sure it syncs with the Windows client. Keep the app open and see if other notes do sync.

If nothing happens, it might be the database of the Windows client is corrupted, and needs to be rebuild. But first thing is to see if the sync corrects itself.

Hint: You seem to invest an awful amount of creating things to organize everything. First I doubt that your stack structure of notebooks will really do you good. I prefer tags over notebooks, because notebooks enforce a linear, tree type way of organization. Tags are like a multi-dimensional network.

What makes me refrain from using links more frequently is the fact that they break when notes are exported and reimported. So if I would have (hypothetically) to restore from my backup, the tags and notebooks would still be there - but the links would be gone, or better would not be working any more.