Evernote gets confused because my user is not Admin - endless "helper tool" popups

Hi, just to follow up on 

There seems to a bug here in that Evernote can't update on Mac if the current user doesn't have Admin privileges. Instead, it gives a popup ("trying to add a new helper tool") every time there is a new version (i.e. often). Workaround is to download the update manually (by checking in Evernote) and clicking / filling in the Admin user and password once or twice in the process.

This literally only happens on Evernote, not in any other app I run. This makes me hope that there can be a solution, and the Evernote team can find it. 💪 Right?

Mac OS 14.5, Evernote image.png.8ef75ea749263447f5f596b7ad04862b.png - but has been like this for many months.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, fallwein said:

there can be a solution, and the Evernote team can find it.

Hi.  Most posts from that 2-year-old thread seem to be from free users.  Not sure that there's any indication of an actual bug,  but maybe feedback@evernote.com or contacting the Support team would be a good idea - we're mostly other users here...  

• Like 1
  • Level 5

EN install simply follows the rules set on the Mac. The normal user is not allowed to perform certain tasks like Installing or updating. This is the OS enforcing it, and no app on a Mac can do otherwise.

There are 2 solutions:

• Install EN only for the user that you are using for it. Admin rights are necessary when apps are installed for all users.
  • Install EN from the AppStore. I don't promote this because it has caused problem sent he past, but it is an easy fix for updates (as well when devices are running under MDM control)..

All this is MacOS standard. You should be happy for the sake of the safety of your Mac that these rules are engrained into the OS, and enforced.

• Like 1