Members of My Team Cannot Join or Leave Notebooks I Have Shared

Good morning, all.

First, I think this problem may be connected to a (recently solved) issue that I posted here ...

The good news is that I can now create the new notebooks that I described in this thread linked above. The bad news is that no one else in my business (there are just six of us) can join or leave these notebooks. They're visible in the Directory/Notebooks menu ... but the normal boxes for Join and Leave do not appear.

I have confirmed that the notebooks have been shared. (I'm the one who created them!) So, there's nothing to change/solve on my end, although I did take a shot at unpublishing/republishing a sample notebook - just to experiment.

I strongly suspect there is a connection between the old issue and this new one. And I do wonder whether it's also connected to the new Evernote update. But I realize that may be correlation, not causation.

Any help?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Thomas Alongi said:

Any help?

An issue for Support I'm afraid - Evernote has been updating server-side connections,  and I guess its possible that some users are on older versions than others...

• 4 weeks later...

I never did get an answer, and I was supposed to get feedback from tech support within 1-3 days. That was almost a month ago, which was pretty frustrating.

I've already canceled our subscription, and that bummed me out because I was impressed with other improvements Bending Spoons had made to the software. I hope they get this resolved for other people, though.

Good luck!

I sure did. Immediately.

That included my creation of a log file, which I attached to the response. In fact, it was my compliance with that canned answer that generated the "you should hear from us within 1-3 days" email. That's why I'm especially upset. It wasn't just that they made me jump through hoops (albeit, with an automated screening email) that I had just announced I had already tried; it was the fact they ignored me after I had just demonstrated that I wasn't some screwball who forgot to turn on my computer.

I also counseled myself patience, recognizing that perhaps it was a company-wide issue that Evernote was trying to fix. That's why I waited through 3-4 updates, always hoping the next would solve the problem. But they didn't, they never published YouTube content, for example, to acknowledge this was an issue, and you and @gazumped are the only ones who ever answered me here. Those are bad signs.

I simply don't have time for this. Evernote is superior to OneNote in almost every way that matters. At least I think so. And I was willing to pay the increasing fees because I do believe you pay for quality; I have never begrudged Bending Spoons those financial decisions. But a company that charges much more than OneNote (which is free with our M365 Business Premium account) has to back it up. I can think of few more important ways to do that than in the arena of technical support, where you would think they have an advantage - in terms of both speed and size - over a behemoth like Microsoft.

In the end, I have a business to run. It's been four weeks, and our annual subscription renewal was coming up this month. My team has to be able to open the notebooks I publish for tenant-wide use. For obvious reasons, that is non-negotiable. If I can't do that - and if I can't get Evernote to talk to me in the aftermath - then I have to move on ... no matter how gorgeous the Evernote layout or innovative their upgrades. That's what stinks about all of this. I didn't want to leave.

Tom

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Thomas Alongi said:

if I can't get Evernote to talk to me

It may be that the first line team had to boot this upstairs to the developers to fix,  and they might be waiting for a response too..  But I agree;  your first priority is your own business critical needs - I've flagged this post to the Forum admins who might be able to get you a response. 

Can't guarantee it will do any good,  but it's worth a try.  If you check on your report here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests and check out the individual listing,  the URL will include the ticket number.  Please post it in this thread in hopes an admin will be able to help...