Locked Out of New Notebooks Despite Creator/Admin Status

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

Hi, everyone.

I am a small business owner, and we have a paid, team subscription to Evernote.

Here are my system specs:

image.png.e29dd3dd01bcb23dfa53364e4f74efb4.png

Earlier this afternoon, I followed my normal practice of creating standard notebooks for a new client. Each client gets four notebooks, which I immediately publish to the full team, i.e. every employee with an Evernote team license, for a total of six people.

This time, however, all kinds of problems surfaced.

First, when I toggled the switch from "Unpublished to Published," it wouldn't stick. I went back two minutes later, all four notebooks were back at "Unpublished," as though I had never made the change.

Second, even at the time I tried to publish, the default permissions were set to "view only," but it has never been that way before. It was always "can edit and invite." I did not make any change to the presumptive settings, so I'm not sure what that was all about.

Last, each notebook has this "lock" icon next to the notebook title.  ↘️

image.png.2553c12ca6553287c6d42dde207b522f.png

... and when I try to create a new note, it won't place the new creation in that notebook. It chucks the new note out into the general directory as "untitled."

Does anyone have any idea what is going on, and is it perhaps connected to today's update?

Best,

Tom

Posted (edited)

Hi, there.

Yes, I always (always) check for updates first. In fact, in my original post, I asked if perhaps today's update caused the problem. I haven't seen any posts that way, but it was on my mind.

image.png.ff63be59fdcd8e2f8b318bce5febfe23.png

I also logged in/out, uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app, rebooted my system, and tried deleting all four notebooks and re-creating them. Standard debugging.

None of that made a difference!

Edited by Thomas Alongi
I wanted to add a screen clipping to show the version I'm running. :)
  • Level 5*
  • Solution

HI. If you simply used Windows uninstall last time around,  try repeating the exercise with Revo uninstaller,  which will remove corrupted files cleanly.  If that is ineffective then your only hope is Support who are not currently known for their speed and efficiency.  I suggest you send a link to this thread with your report. When you get a support reference,  please post if here and we can flag it for a Forum Admin (an employee - most here are other users) to try to get you quick attention.

Clean reinstall:  If Evernote is active,  sign out / don't save your data locally / use Revo Uninstaller Free (Win) or Appcleaner (Mac) to uninstall the app.  Power off and back on,  then re-download and reinstall from Evernote.com and leave Evernote running to rebuild the local data.  The new install is still initially a little slow - things get better after a few days.

Support links here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209006117-Evernote-Teams-Toolkit

• Thanks 1

@gazumped

Hey, I don't know if it was your recommended use of the Revo Uninstaller (which is good to have, regardless) or just my lucky day, but everything works now.

Either way, I appreciate your effort, so thanks. I'll go ahead and give the credit to you. 

Now you can run for President.  Lol.

• Like 1