Help - I am not able to log into evernote both via Desktop (Windows) app as well as Internet browser (Chrome)

Both the desktop and internet browser shows this never-ending loading page. It has been more than 1 hour and both are still in this status.

Could anybody help me?

image.thumb.png.c4b31b3f8c32e03bf8afc97da5a2a587.png

• Level 5

There may be some interaction between the desktop app (based on a Chromium framework) and the Chrome browser.

Try these actions, maybe you can fix things this way.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/29216279537043-Troubleshooting-issues-with-Account-Management-and-Web-Actions-Logins

For temporary access while in trouble, try using Firefox. It uses a different browser platform (Gecko/Mozilla) than Chrome.

I have tried clearing Google chrome cache, but both my desktop app and Chrome browser are still unable to access my notebooks.

I also tried Microsoft Edge browser but I can't login too, same issue.

I am not able to use firefox as I am using my company's laptop.

image.thumb.png.b3fcc2b4195201b270e7cf954490b772.png

Try a device that's not under the control of your company.  It's completely possible that your company's IT security settings are blocking Evernote.

Vinnie

• Level 5
17 hours ago, Victor Tan said:

I have also restarted my computer , as well as uninstalled and re-installed the windows app, but it still doesn't work. :(

So you did not restart YOUR computer, you restarted YOUR COMPANIES computer. Which makes a heck of a difference.

With the threat scenario of today many companies have switched over to a whitelisting policy. This means they don't block certain URLs any more - they block everything, and only whitelisted sites can be accessed.

You can contact your companies IT and ask them to allow EN. If they don't, you can't use it. Please note that in many companies circumventing security measures will be met with harsh interventions, because they can put the whole company network at risk.

I understand on the desktop app, but shouldn't Evernote be able to load in Chrome or Microsoft edge platforms? I have the same problems on these web browsers too.

• Level 5

In the background it’s all the same.

EN is based on web technology. The app is build using a framework called Electron. And this is a Chromium browser with the app as it’s front end.

The main difference is that the installed app runs its own local database.

But all server communications use „web speak“ as well.

Beside this even if it would be different, it still needs to reach out for the server. The usual way corporate networks operate is that they check outgoing traffic against a list of allowed servers, and only let those pass that match the criteria.

As already told, either IT whitelists Evernote.com  including all subdomains, or you can’t use EN while connected to the corporate network.