Notes moved out of the Inbox notebook to another notebook keep reappearing

After I accepted the latest Windows update (10.96.5) when I move a note from the Inbox notebook to another notebook, the note reappears in the Inbox notebook a short while later (10 seconds to as much as 2 minutes). If I delete the note, it stays deleted. If I restore the deleted note and then attempt to move it from the Inbox notebook to another notebook, it reappears as before.

The attached image with a single note in the Inbox is from the Web.

The attached image with four notes is from the Windows App.

The attached image with the Table of Contents detail for 7/9/24 shows that the note thinks it is in another notebook "Old TOC/Top Tasks/Weekly White Board" yet it appears in the Inbox notebook.

The iOS version shows no notes in the Inbox notebook even after a sync. I have designated the Inbox notebook to be available offline in iOS.

I have been an Evernote customer for well over 10 years. I'm coming to the reluctant point of looking for a more stable solution. My spoons are so bent out of shape so as to be increasingly unusable. Sad demise for a once great product.

Screenshot 2024-07-12 202609 Evernote Web.png

Screenshot 2024-07-12 202752 Evernote App.png

Screenshot 2024-07-12 203257 Details of Table of Contents 7-9-24.png

same problem here though EN online shows all as should be, windows keeps returning the note to the notebook where note originated

To the point of the originator of this post: although this bug is a disruption of flawless working, I must compliment Bending Sppons for the humongous improvements they have made to stability and reliability of the product, besides functional improvements.
There are still some flaws but a year ago I was also seriously considering to leave, but I am back in love again!

• Like 1

I have realized about this behaviour today. One thing to note is that I see the note moved to the destiny notebook if I use the web version of Evernote, althoug the note itself shows a label saying that it is in the old notebook. 

So, in the web version of Evernote the note has dissapeared from the old notebok but shows a label as it is in the old notebook. Even of this, it appears in the list of notes of the new notebook. 

In the Windows Evernote version, it reappears in the old notebook after a few seconds. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Please state your device and OS / Evernote version numbers.  Has your app been updated or installed recently?  Are you able to see all your notes?

To raise this with Support - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new - (be patient for a response here,  and take care to reply to any boilerplate responses that you get) 

Laptop with Windows 10.

Evernote version:

10.96.5-win-ddl-public (20240711163554)
Editor: v178.17.4
Servicio: v2.0.9
© 2019 - 2024 Evernote Corporation. Todos los derechos reservados.

Evernote has updated several time in the last weeks. I can see all the notes and the problem moving notes between notebooks doesn't happen with all the notebooks, as far as I have seen. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Latest version is now 10.97.  You could try updating,  but this issue has been reported by others.  I'd suggest reporting to support and waiting for their response.

and whenever I try to open this.....: https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new, ...this just takes me to the sign-in page. It's like a never ending loop. You tell me to request a support ticket. it takes me to the sign-in page...I go to the sign-in page, I log in and try to submit a request... and it takes me to the sign in page again. Extremely frustrating. 

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, scoleman@stipelis.com said:

It's like a never ending loop.

There's also mobile access - try under 'Help' in the app.

14 hours ago, sva03066 said:

With the last update of Evernote for Windows it seems that que problem has been solved.

As the original poster I thought it would be good to chime in. I just tried deleting a note in my Inbox that was one of the ones listed in my original post. Within 15 seconds it reappeared. No joy here.🙁

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Any updates? My inbox keeps doing this magic trick.

I have sent in a bug report that hasn't even gotten a response in over a week.

Thanks,
Rodney H

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

A clean reinstall works (mostly).

Sign out of the account / don't save data locally / use Revo Uninstaller Free (Win) or Appcleaner (Mac) to uninstall the app.  Power device off and back on,  then re-download and reinstall from Evernote.com and leave Evernote running to rebuild local data.   New installs are typically a little slow - things get better after a day or so.