I recently upgraded to Evernote personal from the free version and I have some update requests.

tasks...

1) need a planned completion time and an option to organize by planned completion time

2) need an estimated amount of time to complete that determines how much space they take up on the calendar

3) need a color coding option

4) need to be able to insert each task into more than one note

5) need tasks to disappear when completed but have a log so I can go back and see how many/which tasks I've completed each day

please let me know if/when these will become available :)

• Level 5

We are not support or staff, and nobody will answer your questions from a staff view.

EN rarely talks about new features, and usually only when they are ready for delivery.

4) is plain impossible - every Task is ALWAYS part of a specific note that is hosting it. No exception - this is engrained into the data model.

It is a general wrong understanding of tasks that they were introduced for task management. No, they are there to make a note (1 note) actionable. It can be used for general tasks collected in a dumpster note, but this use case is secondary.

For everything issue a support ticket (one for each position), or send it here:

feedback@evernote.com

My point of view:

1) need a planned completion time and an option to organize by planned completion time

Due dates of Tasks are always to be seens als planned completion times

2) need an estimated amount of time to complete that determines how much space they take up on the calendar

Good idea for an enhancement. Together with a possibility to move around tasks interactivley by drag&drop within Calendar, Tasks might get a true management tool.

3) need a color coding option

This is possible by using icons in task subjects. But it would be easier to simply display a task subject with decorations like bold, italic, coloring  or font.

4) need to be able to insert each task into more than one note

Nope. It's a good solution to have one task dedicated to exactly one note. So the note becomes an accompanying information container for a task.

5) need tasks to disappear when completed but have a log so I can go back and see how many/which tasks I've completed each day

You may filter by "completed" (disappeared) but it's impossible to see when it has been completed.
OK - seems to be usefull if someone accidently checked a task 😉