Problem with Brother MFP Web Connect to Evernote

I have a Brother MFCL8900CDW MFP with a 2 sided ADF, which I have been using for several years to scan documents directly to Evernote using Brother's "Web Connect" apps.  I have a macro button on the display panel that I press, put in a pin and then the document stack gets scanned and shows up in a "To be filed" folder in Evernote.   I can also lift the lid and put odd shaped one-off documents on the glass.   This is a very convenient workflow and it has worked flawlessly from day one until recently.   Quite often now (more than 50%)  the document shows up in Evernote with just the word "Uploading" at the top of the page.  There is a small thumbnail which shows the first page of the scanned document but that is all that ever shows up, the rest is lost on the ether web.   This is very distressing if I jump the gun and shred my document, which I did a few times.   Sometimes this happens with a large doc and sometimes with just a single page document.   I have tried re-registering the app using the procedure required by Brother, which requires I enter Evernote credentials and get a one time token to enter in the printer.   This did not resolve the problem.   I also have a Brother Web Connect link setup to Dropbox and I have no problem with this.   I suspect a cloud side server issue with Brother or Evernote.   There are other methods to use this printer as a scanner and get the documents to Evernote.   All other methods require several steps and none have the one-button convenience as the Brother Web Connect method.  Please advise of troubleshooting steps or new limitations of Evernote 3rd party imports or Brother Web Connect.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I'd suggest contacting the Brother support team - Evernote has been updating its server profiles and updates may have broken whatever links Brother use.  There's a fairly easy work-around:  scan to a desktop folder on your PC and copy the content into an Import folder.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004967-Sync-your-local-folders-former-Import-Folder-feature

Yes I have already done the desktop folder workaround and added its own button on the printer panel.  It's just not as clean as the Evernote direct one-button solution that worked perfectly and reliably for years.   The Evernote button still works about half the time, which means I can't trust it.   I also found a solution for setting up a "watch folder" on the PC to automate the move of files to Evernote.   It involves a server side script to monitor the folder.  This is an automated solution under my control, but more stuff to break.    Thanks for the input.   

• Like 1
  • Level 5

You can use an Import Folder for the same use.

Just don’t scan directly into an Import Folder. When you have a multipage document, usually a temporary file will be created, growing after every page. When done, the temporary file is converted into the final file. Since the Import Folder code grabs every file that appears in the import Folder, it will import all temporary files before importing the final result. This leads to a number of broken files.

The proper way is to scan into a folder, rename the file to make it a good note title, and the save the result into an Import Folder.

The same problem has been occuring with DCP-J952N and Brother Web Connet since the middle of June.
Brother support team(Japan) told me that no one but me had reported the issue and they couldn't find a solution.
However, July 21th is the last day the issue occured.
I don't know whether Evernote or Brother fixed the issue or it doesn't happen by chance after 21th.