import MS Word document as text, not file?

Go to solution Solved by Jon/t,

Hi,

is there a way to import the content of an MS Word document (i.e. the text content) into Evernote instead of the whole file? I know it's searchable as file anyway, but when searching, the results only show the document, so I have to open each document file in the results to see its content. So I'd love to see the content of the Word documents as a native Evernote note instead. (see screenshots attached)

I can, of course, save the Word files as plain text file and then import these files, but Evernote doesn't seam to be able to handle special characters like German umlauts etc.

evernote-import.thumb.jpg.254e02a9d35ba59d5356fdbb9a4efdb7.jpg

Thanks and kind regards
Franz

• Level 5*
On 7/9/2024 at 8:02 AM, cruisetricks said:

is there a way to import the content of an MS Word document (i.e. the text content) into Evernote instead of the whole file?

Hi.  Not directly - you could convert your DOCX files to PDF,  or include a screenshot of the pages.  Only PDFs and images are currently have the option to display the content.

• Like 1
  • Solution

You can't display the content like a PDF but if you use the Import function in the settings you can turn the Word doc content into a note.

• Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

You can't display the content like a PDF but if you use the Import function in the settings you can turn the Word doc content into a note.

Thanks so much, that's exactly what I was looking for! It's just weird that this powerful option is well hidden in the "settings".

• Like 1