audio keyboard shortcut

I have the request sitting in drafts, but wanted your feedback before submitting.

I included a request to customize the Start Buttons to switch Audio for Event. I am curious how you would phrase that and what you think. Do you know what Bending Spoons is calling the green, purple, orange start buttons? 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, doccando said:

I have the request sitting in drafts, but wanted your feedback before submitting.

I included a request to customize the Start Buttons to switch Audio for Event. I am curious how you would phrase that and what you think. Do you know what Bending Spoons is calling the green, purple, orange start buttons? 

I hadn't particularly thought about it (other than squinting a lot when I look at the colours) but Evernote are trying to squeeze 6 options into an impossibly small space there - I'd maybe suggest to them that since most users will only need a few of them it would be good to have a listing there where users can re-order the contents how they need,  and hide ones they don't use. 

Bear in mind that unless they're still developing the layout it may be a long time before they schedule work in this area again,  so changes are unlikely anytime soon!  A more urgent need is definitely a keyboard shortcut for all the options,  or some way to connect an AutoHotKey (or another automation) script so that users can create their own.

As to what they call the coloured buttons,  I have no idea - I'm going with 'garish control panel'.  I'm not a fan... :mellow:

EDIT:  My brain must have been on a break there - these various functions are all available under the "/" command in a note,  so something like AHK could easily provide a keyboard shortcut to whichever ones you like....

• Like 2