Copy and Pasting Bullet Points Malfunctioning.

Hello,

When I copy/cut bullet points and then paste them into another bullet point list (in the same or different note) they end up looking like the top list below.

If I paste them alone they look like the bottom list. Notice the different bullet points. 

This makes things very difficult, can anyone please help? 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 

This does not happen on my iPhone. 

Screenshot2024-06-15at4_13_58PM.thumb.png.6676e735d1cde7cf748ecbea323a2db3.png

I have experienced it occasionally. Can't tell what is causing it in your case, but for me it seems to happen when pasting a list inside another list as "plain text” (ctrl+shift-V).

12 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Can't replicate the issue.  If you select the affected bullets and 'unindent' them do you get back to a single list?

Thanks for getting back to me. 

If I unindent the three corrupted points in the first list above it simply removes the proper dot bullet points but leaves the dashes. 

12 hours ago, janndk said:

I have experienced it occasionally. Can't tell what is causing it in your case, but for me it seems to happen when pasting a list inside another list as "plain text” (ctrl+shift-V).

This is exactly my issue. Any thoughts on a solution? 

What do you mean by "plain text?" Are there different ways to copy/paste that I can try?

When I do ctrl+shift+V it seems to highlight the rest of the page. Do you have a different functionality assigned to that shortcut? 

I experienced similar issues. Sometimes a line came over as indented but without a bullet. Sometimes with a bullet but no indent. Sometimes adding a bullet to one line added it to the line above. It was inconsistent and unreliable. I found that pasting in plain text without any bullets at all was the only way to achieve some consistency, but of course that was very fiddly and time consuming. It would be nice to see them fix this, don't know if they view it as a bug worth addressing, though.

20 hours ago, Jesus is God said:

This is exactly my issue. Any thoughts on a solution? 

What do you mean by "plain text?" Are there different ways to copy/paste that I can try?

When I do ctrl+shift+V it seems to highlight the rest of the page. Do you have a different functionality assigned to that shortcut? 

Ah - i can see now the post is in "Mac Issues" section. I'm using windows. Don't know Mac keyboard shortcuts.

2 hours ago, thefryhole said:

I experienced similar issues. Sometimes a line came over as indented but without a bullet. Sometimes with a bullet but no indent. Sometimes adding a bullet to one line added it to the line above. It was inconsistent and unreliable. I found that pasting in plain text without any bullets at all was the only way to achieve some consistency, but of course that was very fiddly and time consuming. It would be nice to see them fix this, don't know if they view it as a bug worth addressing, though.

Thank you 

Can you please explain what you mean by "plain text," and what that process looks like? 

9 minutes ago, Jesus is God said:

Can you please explain what you mean by "plain text," and what that process looks like? 

When you paste content as plain text, most formatting will be removed.

(Windows)
Paste: ctrl+V
Paste as plain text: ctrl+shift+V