The same keywords in meaning

I am currently trying to find a sensible system for my keywords. I have now realised that I have a lot of keywords twice. One in English (for English notes) and the other in German. Now I'm wondering whether I should also use the German ones for the English notes. I'm wondering the same thing about terms such as registration code and registration key. What do you do and why?

Best regards Lbelle777

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Libelle777 said:

I am currently trying to find a sensible system for my keywords

Hi.  For anyone who operates in more than one language,  I'd say you need to decide on which one to use as standard for all keywords (tags?) and stick to that,  regardless of what language the actual note might contain.  As to registration code / key - that needs to be in whatever language the software requires to authenticate...

Hello gazumped

Thank you for your answer. I also think that I will only use German (so everything in one language). It just makes the whole thing unnecessarily bloated if you have almost every keyword twice. And otherwise there is still the search function.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Usually you need to purge your tags from time to time. Merge synonyms, erase seldomly used, build nested structures for often used ones etc.

It makes more sense to have tags in one language, else you duplicate your tagging. Avoid combined tags, because they bloat the tags structure.

Tags make a logical complement to search. First search will only find the exact (or close) words of the search term, and these depend on the author of the searched document. Different authors use different words. Second tags can be used to organize workflows: You can tag your Invoices with "Open", "Due", "Paid", "Archived" even when the note with the document itself will never change.

• Like 1
On 6/13/2024 at 5:27 AM, PinkElephant said:

Usually you need to purge your tags from time to time. Merge synonyms, erase seldomly used, build nested structures for often used ones etc.

It makes more sense to have tags in one language, else you duplicate your tagging. Avoid combined tags, because they bloat the tags structure.

Tags make a logical complement to search. First search will only find the exact (or close) words of the search term, and these depend on the author of the searched document. Different authors use different words. Second tags can be used to organize workflows: You can tag your Invoices with "Open", "Due", "Paid", "Archived" even when the note with the document itself will never change.

When managing keywords across different languages and contexts, it can be practical to use both English and German terms in your notes, especially if you frequently work with both languages or have a bilingual audience. Including both versions ensures clarity and accessibility for yourself and others who may interact with your notes. Regarding terms like "registration code" and "registration key," it's beneficial to include both variations if they represent the same concept but are commonly referred to differently in different contexts or languages. This approach facilitates better searchability and understanding, accommodating different terminology preferences or specific usage scenarios. Ultimately, the goal is to optimize your note-taking system for efficiency and clarity, considering the diversity of your audience or your own language preferences. I am looking for help with writing lab reports. Can anyone over here help me write my lab report or can share a website with me where I can find great resources through which I can get some help to write my lab report or can find an essay writer? I will be thankful to you. I am not so good at writing lab reports and that is why I need help.

Ok, thanks. I will keep it in my mind.