No checklist when sharing a note via a public link

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

Hi,

I have a note with some checklist items (not Todo, but the simple checkboxes). I can check them in my editor, but the shared public link replaces the checkboxes by simple bullets. There is no way on the shared page if an item has been checked or not.

image.thumb.png.2758eda20f445f712ad9c16597e3366f.png

33 minutes ago, Tom Peiffer said:

but the shared public link replaces the checkboxes by simple bullets.

This is my experience as well. Some of the new V10 features do not work when you share the note as a webpage. As well as checklists, inline code also fails to render correctly. Surprisingly tasks work fine.

I suggest in your particular case you revert to the original checkboxes which do render correctly. 

5 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Public pages are read only.

Yes, but I wouild still expect to see the checklists even if I couldn't change them. That is how checkboxes work and have always worked.

4 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I suggest in your particular case you revert to the original checkboxes which do render correctly.

Thanks for you help. What do you mean exactly by original checkboxes?

• Solution
50 minutes ago, Tom Peiffer said:

What do you mean exactly by original checkboxes?

Evernote now has two types of "checkboxes". The new checklist

image.png.4a4f2eccb4bb76074a1d984b4da3f8ca.png

And the original checkbox

image.png.9150aae5c8d86995e758a2e4399bde2b.png

The checkbox is more flexible but if you attempt to put one at the beginning of a line, EN will automatically convert it to a checklist (note the period I've put in to stop it doing this).

You can add a checkbox using:

• The insert menu
  • The / menu
  • The[] ({open square bracket}{ close square bracket}) shortcut, provided it is not at the beginning of a line.

Thanks Mike,

yes, this seems to be a workaround.

In fact, what I'm doing now is creating a checklist (the one that does not display on public page), an for each line, I put standard checkbox followed by the original text. The standard checkbox shows well as you said.

This gives me the advantage to clearly show outside on the public page, when a line has been completed, and this check can be independant from the check of the checklist. So, I have a kind of internal check and a public check, which is not so bad though.