Default Task Note - Pin to top of list missing

On latest version of desktop has anyone found  a way to "Pin" default Task note to top of tasks list?

This used to be possible for as long as I could remember until last month or so. And on mobile you can still pin the note to top of list.

attached: Old version in white, newest in black.

Feels like an oversight....

SCR-20240603-ijia.png

SCR-20240603-ijza.png

1 hour ago, chromatic828 said:

On latest version of desktop has anyone found  a way to "Pin" default Task note to top of tasks list?

I haven't. The sorting options are only for the underlying tasks - notes always appear in alphabetical order. Therefore you should be able to put some character at the beginning of the note name to ensure it is at the top of the list. An emoji looks nice.

image.png.c7360f5f59ab387e5455c3cffce9521d.png

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Mike P said:

An emoji looks nice.

... And since you can search and filter by a single emoji,  it's a handy way to list all tasks of a certain type - I'm using "categories" like these

💷 - budget | ⚒️ - project | ⚕️- medical | 📚 - books | 🖥️ - computer

(The icons are just what I can get easily from the Windows keyboard)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, janndk said:

I also wonder why this was removed. Is it a bug? Is it on purpose - why? These spooners seem to have some twisted goal to disrupt everybody's workflows in every way they can. But why?

I can only imagine that this function has maybe been removed in preparation for the function to pin one or more notes to the top of a notebook, which has been teased on twitter a month ago.

Maybe this specific function for the task note has conflicted with the new more universal implementation.

Just my guess.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Mike P said:

I haven't. The sorting options are only for the underlying tasks - notes always appear in alphabetical order. Therefore you should be able to put some character at the beginning of the note name to ensure it is at the top of the list. An emoji looks nice.

image.png.c7360f5f59ab387e5455c3cffce9521d.png

The problem with using emojis in note titles is that Evernote sorts them in different ways, depending on if it's a notebook or a stack.

Thank you all for the suggestions, I also use some star system to order notebooks, had not considered emoji tho!

It's not a big deal, but find it curious that the options still exists on mobile, but not desktop. feels like an oversight...and for someone who uses Evernote daily for years was more annoying than I realized!

• Like 2