Link to a Tag

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

• Level 5

Hi all - 

I use tags extensively, so having a link to a specific Evernote page--as helpful as that is--doesn't always get me where I want to be. Specifically / ideally, I often want to get to a TAG in the Tag navigation / hierarchy (left-most pane in PC app), so I can see the notes in that tag, and easily view / click on sub-tags to access those notes. 

I know we can Ctrl-Q (PC) to find a tag, but that doesn't refresh the left-most navigation pane to show / highlight the tag you select (but it really should).

But until that happens, is there a way to create a link to a tag, where I can place that link on a page, then click on that link to get the same results as the Ctrl-Q process? 

TIA

34 minutes ago, jcnassoc said:

But until that happens, is there a way to create a link to a tag, where I can place that link on a page, then click on that link to get the same results as the Ctrl-Q process? 

Simple answer is no.

What I do is slightly different but fulfills some of what I think you want . I include the advanced search syntax (tag:tag_name) for the tag in the body of the note, so I can cut and paste it directly into the search bar - I have an autohotkey script that does this for me but it's not hard to do manually. That allows me to access notes often from a high level "dashboard" note. However it doesn't find the tag in the hierarchy in the sidebar.

The tag filter is probably your best bet. If you search for a tag there it will be selected. If you then open the filter again and scroll down the hierarchy is open around the previously chosen tag so it should be easy enough to select any of the sub tags.

image.png.42196f9a713f278b14c217c6e7f5e6b6.png

Dont't forget if you simply want a tag  OR ANY of it's subtags you can use the down arrow (v) in the blue selected tag icon.

image.png.690f6af002ae8428f4fc94a3d4d8b5d1.png

I would love to be able to create a link/shortcut onbdesktop/link in some note to a set of search criteria, including one or more tags, or excluding them, etc.. 

I like the AHK workaround! 

• Like 1
  • Solution
1 hour ago, MvdH said:

I like the AHK workaround! 

This has always been a weakness in EN - legacy as well. Saved searches often natuarally sit in a note. The reduction in status of saved searches in V10, on a par with search suggestions, make this even more important. 

image.thumb.png.144325fc37ebd7fa49f0be870c4e9159.png

• Thanks 1

using "tag:" in the search dialog box has been a hit or miss in the pass year. Not all notes with the tags shows up on IOS, iPad OS, Mac nor Windows 11 of Evernote. So I suspect someone show ask support/developers to fix that urgently or soon as someone realise search is important.

ice