I'm using the Evernote Desktop version running on Windows 11 Pro. The problem (which is intermittent) is that I'm unable to type or draw shapes at the location of the cursor.

See below for system details, and attached is a screen recording and a screenshot of the Evernote version.

I sent a note to your technical team close to a month ago without receiving any form of acknowledgement. There have been a few Evernote updates over the past few weeks, but none have addressed the issue. I'm now having to use a third-party tool to edit my screenshots before saving them in Evernote, which has increased the effort required for proper note-taking.

I'm really tired of this situation. Please fix this ASAP.

Processor    11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11950H @ 2.60GHz   2.61 GHz
Installed RAM    64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

Operating System Details:
Edition    Windows 11 Pro
Version    23H2
Installed on    ‎12/‎27/‎2023
OS build    22631.3593
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1003.0

Evernote (About).png

I have reported this about a month ago, but haven't got any real response from Evernotes socalled "support", other than that usual robot-answers telling that they don't have time nor interest to take a look at individual bugrapports.

I think the annotation feature got broken with the 10.86.2 update, and has something to do with the new huge padding at the bottom of the notes window affecting the annotation tool too.

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/151704-evernote-10862-windows-image-annotation-tool-bug

Yes, broken for some time now. The workaround that was suggested to me was to find a different app. OneNote's image markup/annotation tool has worked quite well as an alternative and I think I remember seeing that Obsidian also has a useful plugin for this.

Workaround is to scroll the window.

But using Evernote is all about workarounds. Every update comes with new bugs, so more and more workarounds are needed.

In my case Evernote is practically useless at the moment. Trying to find a replacement.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 8/20/2024 at 3:13 PM, Daniel Samson said:

It's. now late August and I have the same issue.

One of the things I loved about Evernote was this ability to annotate for team-mates - it's gone from being a useful tool to being a pain.

Device? Evernote and OS version numbers?