Cannot connect to Evernote Cloud

Hello.
We've been using Evernote Business/Team for 10 years.
We created a small program whose function is to perform a string search (we call it QWE Code) into the Evernote Cloud.
Our little program was running very well until yesterday morning and an error appeared like this:
10:40:08 AM > CrossCheck EN was interrupted by network issue: Couldn't connect to server: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()   at Thrift.Transport.THttpClient.SendRequest()

First I thought that our OAuth had expired and needed to create a new OAuth.
When I tried to create a new OAuth and the same error appeared.
So I assume that the communication path to the Evernote cloud has been changed or something, so our little program can't use the Evernote Cloud service.
Please help us to solve this problem and you can provide the good solution for us.

Send in a support ticket and have a chat with your teams rep as well. Sounds like something has changed somewhere and needs updating.

I've sent a ticket to Evernote Support. But I doubt they can provide a quick solution.

That's why I also posted it here.

Could be a number of reasons for that error. Maybe an endpoint has changed or an SSL certificate expired.

The API connection from my email software seems to be working OK so probably only something support and the devs can fix.

Thanks for your input Jon/T.
You mention 'chat with your teams rep' - does that mean as a Teams Business customer I should have a rep / manager from Evernote that I can talk with - or directly chat with?
I am finding that the generic Evernote support do not reply many times now.

There used to be a different route to support for teams but looking at it again now it looks like it's all in the same place but I would think your request will be marked as a teams account.

When did you send in a support request?

Until now no one come back to me from EN support to giving an solution. hmmmm.

is any one here know where other place to tell this issue to Evernote?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Jon/t 

I done solve this issue and what I did is moving the program from WIndows Server 2012R2 into WIndows 10 and my QWE code program is running well.

Other issue is coming and I cannot solve it.

I create other small program to get OAuth token from evernote using Visual Studio and C#. The program is running well until the 18 May 2024 (same time with this issue show up). 

The mini browser that to get the user do authorization, is only showing a blank screen (see attachment).

A lot of javascript error message pop up when the mini browser showing.

Do you now any idea how to solve this issue?

Or are you have other recomendation how I can get Evernote token using OAuth?

imageEN.png

• Level 5

From what you describe and what I see I think your problem is rooted in the stop for legacy syncing.

Windows Server 2012 is since long deprecated, as are probably the other platforms you use for your code. We know the legacy interface was stopped around the time you describe. I think (without knowing) that this cut off your remote access as well.

If this is correct (only support can confirm) you will not be able to reconnect.

Hi @PinkElephant,

Thank you for your reply.

Understand that Windows Server 2012R2 is depracated right now and my small program was running fine in Windows 10.

Every year I need to put new Evernote token in my small program so it can running well.

Now the get token program that I use from SDK from Evernote is not running well and giving like above screen.

I done did sending to evernote developer support but their answer not helping us much.

So this why I ask here if someone maybe knowing what other SDK that still can giving and autorization to get Evernote token.