Default Notebook for Calendar Integration

Go to solution Solved by VincentC,

Hi all,

I'm using the calendar integration and love it, but one annoying thing is it creates notes in the wrong notebook, and I don't see anywhere to to change it?  Is it possible to specify the notebook it creates notes in?  I have a separate notebook called "Meetings & Calls" that I'd like these notes to be generated in.

• Solution

I don't entirely understand your use case so this might not be helpful...  but in case it is...

Have you tried going about it the other way?  Instead of starting in the calendar, start in the note.

Let's assume you have made a calendar entry in the past, say for a call or Zoom and now you' are about to start the session.  Go to the note in your Meetings and Calls notebook where you want to take notes.  Use the + menu item or the slash command to add the "calendar event" for the meeting you are taking to the note. Then, when you click on the note icon that appears in the calendar event for the meeting, you will be taken to that note.

It sounds more convoluted than it really is.  I have a template I use for meeting notes.  At the bottom of the template, I have this to remind me to take the extra step:

image.png.ea9909808f5b3ad3758342a20c97c824.png

(It's not that big in real life!)

Hope this is helpful.

Vinnie

I tried this but now I have a bigger problem.

The calendar integration stopped working altogether.  Now I can't use your method, or my method.  Clicking the + sign and selecting add meeting does nothing - no error, nothing.

Likewise, using my method, now it shows me logged out and asks me if I want to log in, and allows me to select either Google or Office 365.  Clicking either button does nothing - no error provided.  Tried rebooting - no effect.  Tried removing and re-adding the widget - no effect.

On 5/4/2024 at 10:13 AM, VincentC said:

I don't entirely understand your use case so this might not be helpful...  but in case it is...

Have you tried going about it the other way?  Instead of starting in the calendar, start in the note.

Let's assume you have made a calendar entry in the past, say for a call or Zoom and now you' are about to start the session.  Go to the note in your Meetings and Calls notebook where you want to take notes.  Use the + menu item or the slash command to add the "calendar event" for the meeting you are taking to the note. Then, when you click on the note icon that appears in the calendar event for the meeting, you will be taken to that note.

It sounds more convoluted than it really is.  I have a template I use for meeting notes.  At the bottom of the template, I have this to remind me to take the extra step:

image.png.ea9909808f5b3ad3758342a20c97c824.png

(It's not that big in real life!)

Hope this is helpful.

Vinnie

Actually nevermind... updating Evernote fixed it.  This will work for now - I'm going to submit feedback that it would be nice to specify a notebook for the calendar integration so I don't need to take these steps though.

• Like 1