I am wondering is it  me only?

I am a paid user for 13 years at least (using the app since early days) > i will leave 

1) i missed my fast and zippy app, little to no bugs.
2) Evernote is trying to be jack of all trades master of none, and SUCCEDED in this 
3) FED up of updates and bugs for the last two years, there is an update on every boot. i am turning on a computer or logging in to check a note I have to go all updates to be able to open the app and IT IS NOT FAST! just to look for an address or a note (ever "note") 

evernote lost its vison and what it is trying to be.

help me here what I am missing.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, nippit said:

help me here what I am missing.

Hi.  There are hundreds of threads discussing Evernote's perceived strengths and weaknesses in the Forums here - please browse your OS for more. 

If you've already made your decision to leave,  nothing you see here is likely to change your mind.  Like everyone else you need to choose between the features you're already using and the next subscription due,  and the cheaper and sometimes very different other options out there.  Best of luck if you choose to move.

• Like 2

Evernote has changed quite a bit -- especially if you are now just coming from Legacy. For some it's ok and even great, for others, not so much. Sometimes we outgrow the software, sometimes it outgrows or changes too much for us.

As someone currently in the process of leaving Evernote, I can relate to the 3 points, but I still think I can be objective as overall I think Evernote is fantastic software:

3 hours ago, nippit said:

1) i missed my fast and zippy app, little to no bugs.

Definitely not as zippy. It's no longer distinct (and often pretty different) native apps that run on each platform. Instead it's based on a common framework that unifies the coding and UI/UX experience. Some blame that platform (Electron) for the slowness, but I've seen way faster implementations on Electron but the UI and Editors aren't nearly as rich as Evernote's either or they don't support offline or don't offer a web app. It can be fast enough though, and while it's not super zippy, the speed is mostly ok for me. As someone that uses Evernote on Web, MacOS, Windows, iPad, and iPhone I'd trade the zippy for the more unified experience... but I'd still like to see performance improved.

2) Evernote is trying to be jack of all trades master of none, and SUCCEDED in this 

I think it's the master of some. It has the best web clipper and email to note features, as well as search and OCR. And I actually like Tasks. It's not a full replacement for every task manager, but it filled a niche pretty well for me.

I also like it's Note Editor better than any other note taking app that I've tried. Image resizing and annotation is superior to most.

The generous upload limits -- 10 GB per month for Personal -- with no overall cap. Way more than I needed. I'd call that masterfully well done.

I just mentioned a few, but I think there are other areas were Evernote excels.

3) FED up of updates and bugs for the last two years, there is an update on every boot. i am turning on a computer or logging in to check a note I have to go all updates to be able to open the app and IT IS NOT FAST! just to look for an address or a note (ever "note") 

Yeah - lots of updates are coming especially now. Lots of cool things IMO, like collapsible sections and I was looking forward to syntax highlighting. The internal links implementation is ok and hopefully it will improve. So lots of good things, but also lots of minor annoyances for me personally too that I'm not a fan of. Many of those annoyances have since been fixed though. They are definitely experimenting a lot with different things and see what seems to work best.

So go looking around. Maybe you'll find something better, but maybe you'll also find that Evernote still beats others for what your personal needs are.

• Like 2