I want the OLD ui/ux

konya dake

Idea

i got the "Client not supported, please upgrade." issue and because of that i downloaded the latest version, however i didn't like the upgraded version, because in my opinion the pervious one was already perfect for me, the new one feels very colorful for me "grey is not dark or black!" pls tell me how can i get my pervious version back! i would appreciate it

• Like 1

8 replies to this idea

thanks... hopefully in future you allow users to change the customize colors, because each of us has different taste,  and for me gray is probably the ugliest color espically with green and purple, its just not connecting together for me.

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

In these forums you speak only to fellow users. If you want to suggest improvements you can Email feedback@evernote.com

• Level 5

@konya dake When you talk to EN, tell them positively why they should change something. Describe your use case, tell the benefit for others.

Arguing „because the old clients did“ is no good idea. The new client is out since 2020, used by millions of fellow users. They all are adapted to what you want to get changed.

• Like 1

@konya dake  I am 100% with you!  And, yes, I am going to let Bending Spoons know by email to feedback@evernote.com.

Funny, I've been meaning to investigate this ever since the UI/UX was changed, but I haven't had time. I'm happy to see that yours is the first post that I found when I searching "black background."    Excellent to know that I'm not alone in my wish for the previous look and feel!!

@PinkElephant thanks for the suggestion for how to word feedback request.  

In case others are curious and/or want to join @konya dake, here's my rationale.

• Productivity, productivity, productivity. Visuals are EVERYTHING to my productivity. Have invested a lot of thought, energy & time to emoji and color selection for my folders & notes.  I have multiple dashboard notes created that clash with the black background. All of this goes out the window with the black background when in Home view. (attaching one as example)
    • the green hyperlinks against the background are super distracting
  • The contrast between the sidebar as a black pane and the other 2 panes in gray (or whatever color they were) served me well. 

Here's hoping that others will join our request!

image.thumb.png.6718e6ef42e84d235c9616e9ca15e9a2.png

Edited by FayNYC
forgot to attach screenshot

Ok i emailed EverNote.  Btw, just found this thread, which will have to make time to read later -- totally related so pasting here:

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 1.10.19 PM.png