Please provide a way to TURN OFF AI EDITS

I am in the middle of working on something very important, I  go to rearrange/cut-copy paste something... and suddenly a little rectangular AI edits is in the middle of my document and I can't do anything.... I can't copy, I can't type, I can't use the document at all, I can't even copy and paste it out of evernote into a more useful format.  

I've used Evernote for 10 years... but it just gets worse and worse .... I'm exploring OneNote and going to get the hell out of dodge if I can't get control of my notes soon..... 

Please, for the love of god, get read of AI edits or at least allow us that prefer to do our own editing to turn it the hell off!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

After the start of the AI era, my research became very stupid. It's really hard to find what I need and what I need is almost always so simple!

I agree with the "no AI mode" at least for a while.

• Level 5*

Hi.  There is no AI unless you opt in to use it.  There is a pop-up which appears when some lines of text have been selected,  but click twice and it will go away. We're mainly other users here. Please raise this with Support https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (be very patient for a response) or feed it back to feedback@evernote.com. 

• Level 5

@TracyB, I agree that this deeply annoying and unnecessary. As @gazumped says, nothing AI-related will be done if you choose not to do it. But since there's a whole other AI button on the toolbar; since the popup button occurs with seemingly random amounts/types of text selected; and since it serves not function if you know you don't want to AI it, there should be a way to turn it off. The reliable way to give this kind of feedback (poorly implemented features rather than actual bugs) is feedback@evernote.com. (Probably minus the "vigorous" language.)

But FWIW, I am able to work with the selected text as I desire. I can copy, cut, drag, format (with mouse or menu). Are you finding that the popup keeps you from doing that?