Hi

My daughter (Eva) has been writing a story on Evernote, however, she has not accessed it in weeks.  Eva always saved her work before closing the laptop. Normally Eva would open Evernote up and her story would be there, Monday Evernote came up with the login page and although I have logged in, her story is nowhere to be found.  I have used my other email addresses just in case, but apart from creating more accounts in Evernote, her story cannot be found.  Eva is devastated bless her.

I use a Chromebook and I have searched my files on here and I cannot find anything.

Does anyone have any ideas where else I can look?

I have also searched on Onedrive  :(

Thank you

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you checked the Trash notebook?  If the note was deleted by accident it should still be in there. I see that you're using the Free account - there are strict limits there as to what can and cannot be saved - if you have more than 50 notes or more than one notebook it may not have been possible to save the last version.

• Thanks 1

Thank you gazumped for your reply.

I've checked Trash and there's nothing there.

The note was the only thing Evernote was used for so I've not maxed out anything on the free account. If the last update Eva did to her note was not saved I would have hoped to still see the note as Eva saved it every time she added to her story.

I was wondering if it got deleted after not being used for a few weeks?

Thanks again

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

If the account is completely empty now,  is it possible that whoever logged into it may have user slightly different details?  An incorrect email address or password?  It's a 'feature' of the login process that sometimes a mistake will generate a brand new account rather than take you to the existing content.  Logging in again (very carefully) could take you back to the missing information.  Evernote are very clear that no accounts are deleted,.  no content is changed - if something has been saved online it should still be there...

• Thanks 1

In addition to @gazumped's suggestion, on the Chromebook, are you using the Android client or the web client?  If you have been using the Android client, log into your account at www.evernote.com and see if the note is there.  The web client lets you essentially look directly at what is on Evernote's servers.  The note might be missing on the Android client due to some kind of sync issue, but still may be viewable on the web client.  If it's not on the web client, it's not on Evernote's servers.

Vinnie

• Like 1