Hi all,

Whenever I try to use Evernote on iOS it doesn't let me open any of my notes. It 'loads' for 1-2 minutes before saying 'Note unavailable'. I've deleted and tried a completely fresh install of Evernote on my iPhone, followed by several hard reboots, to no avail. This didn't used to be as much of an issue on previous versions of v10 (every now and then) but now it's always happening. I don't have any issues when accessing the same account on either web/Mac/Windows.

Has anyone got any other ideas to try? I've submitted a support ticket to repeat my post but wanted to post this here just in case others are experiencing the same issue. To briefly vent a little, I think I speak for the majority when I say that I wish Evernote v10 would just provide me with a consistent user experience on iOS at this stage, as my patience with any new issues that arise in terms of speed, reliability, and general user experience is really starting to wear thin.

Cheers,

Caleb

IMG_6600.jpg

IMG_6601.jpg

19 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Uninstall the app. Dump all data when asked.

Now make a FORCED restart of the iPhone.

Reinstall the app. Open, log in.

Hi PinkElephant,

I saw you recommend this approach in a previous post and tried exactly this to no avail unfortunately.

Thanks,

Caleb

• Level 5

Does it happen on a specific network only ?

Do you use a VPN or similar ? Could you switch WiFi off, and see if it repeats itself when on mobile (with mobile data enabled for EN) ? This looks to me like a networking issue, and they may be hard to identify.

Is the phone under a device management (often company phones will have a device management installed) ?

The mobile clients depend more on data from the server, which may explain why it is happening on the phone. I can only speculate, since my several iOS devices all run v10 well and with good performance.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:46 PM, PinkElephant said:

Does it happen on a specific network only ?

Do you use a VPN or similar ? Could you switch WiFi off, and see if it repeats itself when on mobile (with mobile data enabled for EN) ? This looks to me like a networking issue, and they may be hard to identify.

Is the phone under a device management (often company phones will have a device management installed) ?

The mobile clients depend more on data from the server, which may explain why it is happening on the phone. I can only speculate, since my several iOS devices all run v10 well and with good performance.

So I uninstalled that app again and reinstalled it, but this time I haven't made any of my notes available offline, and everything seems to be working as intended for the moment. Not sure if downloading everything to my device is what causes the issue, but right now I'm happy that it's working. While try and troubleshoot this again in the future.