Links to a specific text in notes / Backups

Hello.

1st Question:
I have a note in Evernote called "I'll watch" and many different movies there divided by topics. But even this doesn't save the situation, because there is a lot of everything. I came up with a table of contents at the beginning of the note. For example, among this huge list of films, there is a list on the topic "classic film noir". It includes a large list of movies. How can I make it so that by writing the topic "classic film noir" at the beginning of the note and clicking on it - it automatically jumps to the place in the same note where the list of films is? In Evernote there is a similar function: when you copy a link from the Internet and then go to Evernote and highlight the text in the note and copy it, then this text is not deleted and the note is inserted. Instead, he remains the same but lights up blue and when you click on it, it automatically goes to the web link. I want something like this, only not for a link on the Internet, but for a link to a specific text in the middle of a long note. I'll be glad for your help!

2nd question:
Is it possible to save all Evernote information somehow in one file for backups?

Thank you!

• Level 5*

Hi.  

Q1 - easiest suggestion in the latest Evernote version is the '/' "create a new linked note here" command.  Create a new linked note for each of your headings and copy/ paste the content for that heading to the new note.  Eventually you should have a 'Table of Contents' note with just the headings.  Click "classic film noir" to go to that note and content.  There's no general way to link into a note content,  only to 'child' notes as above.

Q2 - It's possible but highly inadvisable to save content to one note - there's no 'notebook' metadata so a restore would give you all your notes in one notebook.  Best advice - export notebook by notebook. 

See https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005557-Export-notes-and-notebooks-as-ENEX-or-HTML  and 

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/145836-how-to-make-proper-and-automated-back-ups-of-evernote-v10-data-on-windows-solved/#comment-706757

Thank you, gazumped!

A1 - that's the thing, it's a necessary thing and seems very simple, but for some reason, there is no such function, only a link to child notes, which is not the same at all. The only way out is to make a table of contents and copy it into the search every time you want to find something, but it is not so comfortable. It seems to me that there is some simple solution to this, but I can't figure out how to do it.

A2 - As I understand it, you can do this with a maximum of 100 notes. Do you copy every single note manually once a month or several months? I have about 400 notes 😅. I don't understand why the developers didn't make a simpler data backup system, because it seems like such a great program. Since I haven't used similar programs or real notebooks, this is life-changing for me and I'll always be grateful for it to Evernote 🙏. I've tried Notion, but it's much worse in design for me compared to Evernote, like an old program looks, although maybe it's a matter of habit.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  As I said,  the 'child note' route is the only one available - you could call the parent note 'Media' or some such,  and have a 'favourite' saved search to jump straight to it,  then choose your preferred genre from there.  

As to backups - if you read the links I sent you,  the 100 limit does not apply.  You can export all the notes in one notebook and/ or automate the process if you wish.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, GinNumberOne said:

I want something like this, only not for a link on the Internet, but for a link to a specific text in the middle of a long note.

You can link to another note, but not to a specific section within a note. I agree that would be useful and I would like to see that as well.  To let Evernote know, send comments to feedback@evernote.com.

Yeah, looks like Evernote's side failing. Because creating thousands of notes - it's not the way. Same with creating several notebooks (or even better a root directory from notebooks, not only from notes).

Weird, because I tried to pick all notes and have this issue too - limit only 100 for 1 time.

Thank you s2sailor!

10 hours ago, GinNumberOne said:

Weird, because I tried to pick all notes and have this issue too - limit only 100 for 1 time.

Notebooks can be exported to ENEX, right-click on a notebook or see the "..." on the notebook panel.

I don't understand. When I choose A and select all notes by shift for export - limit only 100 for 1 time. When I choose B and right-click for export in 1 file - I can't do it, they give me only 2 options (Hide/Show (notebooks) and create a new notebook) without export.

11122222.jpg

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

You'd have to right-click "2nd notebook" to get better options...

But I have around 400 notes like "2nd notebook". So the best way - like I did "A", but there is a limit as I said. How can we save it in 1 file? It's still a question 😄

• Level 5*

Position your cursor on the notebook named, for example, notebook 2 in the left hand panel and then right mouse button and you will see the export notebook option which does not limit you to 100 notes.

8 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Position your cursor on the notebook named, for example, notebook 2 in the left hand panel and then right mouse button and you will see the export notebook option which does not limit you to 100 notes.

Please, read again my last message 🙂.

It's option available only for each notebook separately.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, GinNumberOne said:

It's option available only for each notebook separately.

Yes you can export each individual notebook to an ENEX file which should ideally be the name of your notebook.  Exporting does not allow for a notebook structure,  so if you were to export all your notes into one file,  you could only import them back into one notebook.  This is usually not helpful.

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, GinNumberOne said:

It's option available only for each notebook separately

Ok, yes it would be nice to be able to select notebooks or all of them to download at one time, but currently we can only download them one-by-one.

• Like 1