I was using a oldest Evernote version and I used to use an Widget with a list of my notes with a Reminder set.

I needed to upgrade to latest version and it is no longer available to add again on Android.

Does anyone know if it was removed from Evernote?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not sure which widget you mean - it's possible to search for reminders with 

• eminderOrder:*
  • reminderDoneTime:*
  • reminderTime:*

So did you mean a saved search?

Hi gazumped, appreciate your comment. Please find below an example. It is from my old cellphone.. this widget I don't see anymore on this new version. There is one that we see only in the top bar, but it doesn't show up in the notes with reminders.

image.thumb.jpeg.c227df29a2f803ce401f3057965fc7fd.jpegHi 

• Level 5*

Ah.  Those widgets!  -I hadn't actually noticed,  but I agree: there's no longer a specific reminders list.  There is still a shortcuts list though so the searches may still do the job.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Alan Rodrigues said:

I was using an oldest Evernote version and I used to use a Widget with a list of my notes with a Reminder set.

Could these be changed to tasks? There is a widget for those.

Tasks widget doesn't update unless you start Evernote app first. And you can only add a simple plain task (no flagging, no duedate, etc...). It doesn't make much sense to use it.

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, janndk said:

Tasks widget doesn't update unless you start Evernote app first. And you can only add a simple plain task (no flagging, no duedate, etc...). It doesn't make much sense to use it.

That's one opinion, here is another.

You certainly can add due dates, including recurring ones.  All my tasks have them and you can flag them with colored flags if desired.  I have had some issues with the list not refreshing on mobile but a restart does seem to fix that, though I wish that was improved.

I stopped using reminders once tasks appeared.  Personally, I can't see why you would use reminders when you have tasks.  I have even stopped using and paying for Todoist when tasks appeared, so it has even saved me a little money.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

You certainly can add due dates, including recurring ones.  All my tasks have them and you can flag them with colored flags if desired.  I have had some issues with the list not refreshing on mobile but a restart does seem to fix that, though I wish that was improved.

I stopped using reminders once tasks appeared.  Personally, I can't see why you would use reminders when you have tasks.  I have even stopped using and paying for Todoist when tasks appeared, so it has even saved me a little money.

I'm talking about android homescreen widget (not widget inside Evernote app).

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
Just now, janndk said:

I'm talking about android homescreen widget (not widget inside Evernote app).

Ok, I was discussing desktop and iOS.  I'm aware there are more issues in general with the Android app.

20 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Tasks work quite well in EN desktop app and in EN android app (just not in android widget, which is quite useless). Tasks are the only reason I still use Evernote despite the growing number of bugs and an extremely unpleasant desktop-UI.

• Like 1
On 4/1/2024 at 6:05 PM, janndk said:

Tasks work quite well in EN desktop app and in EN android app (just not in android widget, which is quite useless). Tasks are the only reason I still use Evernote despite the growing number of bugs and an extremely unpleasant desktop-UI.

I can create a task in the Android Widget, then click on it which gives you the option of date, time, flag, reminder.

16 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

I can create a task in the Android Widget, then click on it which gives you the option of date, time, flag, reminder.

It takes several clicks, instead just one. And if you use "action bar" widget (or what it is called?) then you have to open EN app, find the task, and then add flags etc.

23 minutes ago, bmcl26 said:

Works for me although it will have limited use unless it can me upgraded to sync both ways with my Google/Outlook etc

Date and reminders are maybe not so important, but it would be useful to be able to easily flag the task.

Google two-way sync would be fantastic - but probably just wishful thinking at the moment. However, looking forward to the new evernote calendar and seeing what it can do.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, janndk said:

However, looking forward to the new evernote calendar and seeing what it can do.

I have got it; it works well, but it will have limited use for me until it can sync both ways to my Calendar, as is the case with my Google & Outlook.