Boolean filter at Home

Go to solution Solved by thefryhole,

Can I put a boolean filter at some widget at Evernote Home page? Web or Android app.

For instance:

(tag:A OR tag:B) AND notebook:X

• Level 5*

Hi.  It's possible for Evernote Professional to carry out boolean searches,  or save boolean searches,  but I'm not sure which widgets can process them on the Home page - can you give us a little more information about what you're trying to accomplish?

I am trying to put a widget at Evernote Home page which filters like this in a Evernote search syntax:

(tag:A OR tag:B) AND notebook:X

Which means all notes which are in notebook X and have one of the two stated tags (A or B, which means just A, just B or both A and B).

• Solution

This works on the desktop Home filtered note widgets. Enter the search syntax into the "keywords" box and save it as a filter.

It appears this no longer works on mobile, though. The widgets for filtered notes are empty. Not sure if EN removed the functionality, which means I'd be worried it might also go away on desktop, or if it's broken.

• Like 3
9 minutos atrás, thefryhole disse:

This works on the desktop Home filtered note widgets. Enter the search syntax into the "keywords" box and save it as a filter.

It appears this no longer works on mobile, though. The widgets for filtered notes are empty. Not sure if EN removed the functionality, which means I'd be worried it might also go away on desktop, or if it's broken.

It worked!

Thanks for the help.

Remark: it worked on Web version.

2 horas atrás, thefryhole disse:

And it is also working at Android app.

It was working on the iPhone. With the latest release, however, it now returns empty search results every time. Manually typing the search still works, which of course isn't a sustainable workaround with a complex filter.