Mobile app showing incorrect/outdated notes for tags

On the iPhone, when I open the hamburger menu, tap "Tags," and then select a specific tag, I see a list of notes associated with that tag. However, the displayed notes may not accurately reflect the current tags; it might show notes that were tagged previously but exclude notes that were tagged more recently.

This issue doesn't seem to be related to synchronization. For example, if a tag is removed from a note, the list correctly shows the note without the tag "badge" (though it shouldn't show the note at all). Additionally, the count number displayed next to the tag name appears accurate. For instance, a tag labeled “Standup (3)” might only display one note when selected, with two notes missing.

I do not experience this problem with Evernote for Mac or Evernote on the web.

This situation is particularly frustrating as I rely on tags to locate notes for specific purposes, such as using a "Standup" tag for items to discuss during our daily stand-up meetings. Not being able to find notes I know were tagged "Standup" is inconvenient.

I have reported this issue to Evernote support and will follow up here if I receive any helpful recommendations from them. Meanwhile, I'm curious if anyone in the community has encountered this issue and found a workaround.

-Alex

• Like 1
On 3/28/2024 at 10:22 PM, avernet said:

On the iPhone, when I open the hamburger menu, tap "Tags," and then select a specific tag, I see a list of notes associated with that tag. However, the displayed notes may not accurately reflect the current tags; it might show notes that were tagged previously but exclude notes that were tagged more recently.

This issue doesn't seem to be related to synchronization. For example, if a tag is removed from a note, the list correctly shows the note without the tag "badge" (though it shouldn't show the note at all). Additionally, the count number displayed next to the tag name appears accurate. For instance, a tag labeled “Standup (3)” might only display one note when selected, with two notes missing.

I do not experience this problem with Evernote for Mac or Evernote on the web.

This situation is particularly frustrating as I rely on tags to locate notes for specific purposes, such as using a "Standup" tag for items to discuss during our daily stand-up meetings. Not being able to find notes I know were tagged "Standup" is inconvenient.

I have reported this issue to Evernote support and will follow up here if I receive any helpful recommendations from them. Meanwhile, I'm curious if anyone in the community has encountered this issue and found a workaround.

-Alex

Same here. Very annoying and I don't understand this behaviour.
the standard answer is : uninstall  and reinstall. But even this is very annoying :-/

• Like 1
On 3/29/2024 at 2:33 AM, PinkElephant said:

What happens if you select the same tag through the filters menu ?

I get the same result. It seems to me that Menu > Tags > Foo is a shortcut for Search > Filter > Tags > Foo > Done > Done.

Yesterday, I removed a tag from a note, and on mobile (iOS), the note still appears in the list for that tag. On desktop (macOS) and web, it doesn't show. Interestingly, I removed that tag from the mobile.

Out of curiosity, is it working for you? That is, if you add a tag to a note on desktop or web, once the note has synchronized, do you see it listed under that tag?

-Alex