I'm thankful for v10 being so ugly mess

Funny enough, but all this mess with retiring 'legacy' version has finally forced me to look at Obsidian seriously, which I did this weekend.

Obsidian is quite different from EN, but it's much MUCH better suited for my needs.
Some people don't like markdown formatting, but for me it's the best (I love writing tech docs in Typora).
Whole Obsidian UI/experience is highly customizable (and since I'm a devloper, I can  add/tweak pretty much anything I want/need).
And I don't even need paid cloud-shmoud to sync my data across devices -- I already have server with Resilio Sync running for other purposes (yes, that works only for win/mac, but I don't need mobile version, to be honest).

So, tomorrow is "abandon ship!" day.
EN v10 is definitely not worth 100+ bucks a year and endless struggling simplest things.
I don't even care about money that left for ~6 months of premium subscription.

• Thanks 1

Good luck in your transition. 🙌👊👍 Good that it feels like a right move, though you feel forced. I'm sticking with Evernote with my 15.000 note and 500 changes each day, all day long. I hope it improves, though Evernote already went from unusable for the first v10 versions, and now "bearable enough". It still is the best fit for my use., though I miss a few features and snappyness. Farewell. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MvdH said:

Good luck in your transition. 🙌👊👍 Good that it feels like a right move, though you feel forced. I'm sticking with Evernote with my 15.000 note and 500 changes each day, all day long. I hope it improves, though Evernote already went from unusable for the first v10 versions, and now "bearable enough". It still is the best fit for my use., though I miss a few features and snappyness. Farewell. 

I have ~60Gb evernote db (account info says I've premium subscription since 2009).
Most of it transferrable via ENEX export/import, some stuff to be converted to markdown (and that's for better).

v10 is not 'bearable enough' for me. Don't want to spent my energy trying to plead to fix bugs and implement missing features (which had to be done years ago).

I'd rather spend my energy to make Obsidian perfect for me. And spend evernote-subscription money on new SSD :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1