Since the last update there's no calendar view nor the Widgets section found on the iPhone. So on desktop and web there's a Home view with widgets, an iPad version no Widgets, and an iPhone version with a Home view that's really an Add Task page and a Widgets section that's really the Home page from desktop.

?!?!?!?!?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, robfuzz said:

Since the last update there's no calendar view nor the Widgets section found on the iPhone. So on desktop and web there's a Home view with widgets, an iPad version no Widgets, and an iPhone version with a Home view that's really an Add Task page and a Widgets section that's really the Home page from desktop.

?!?!?!?!?

Same issue on iPad and Android. Home Screen is now located under widgets??  And when you click home you get a list of notes and nothing else. Version 10.8

I am really frustrated by this update.  Home is now exclusively for creating new notes?  Horrible decision.  On the iPad, it is two extra taps, one to expand the navigation pane and another to open My Widgets.  The far more sensible UI change would be to create a large CREATE Widget that *can* be deployed on the Home for users who find it useful.  Those of us who are just fine NOT having the CREATE button shoved in our faces every time we logon will not be forced into the two extra taps to get the content we are used to seeing IMMEDIATELY on opening Evernote.

Same issue on Android.  Super stupid idea all around.  

• Like 1

As you are obviously unlucky beta testers and the rest of us don't know what you are talking about, could you please post a few screenshots of the new beta interface on the iPad?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 5:20 AM, gewappnet said:

As you are obviously unlucky beta testers and the rest of us don't know what you are talking about, could you please post a few screenshots of the new beta interface on the iPad?

I'm not a beta tester that I know of. I didn't get EN through TestFlight nor do I have a black app icon. Here's a pic of what my default main screen looks like on iPhone.

unnamed.jpg

• Level 5

You are recruited for testing, if you want it or not. That’s the way the new owners run their surveys - picking unexpectedly users at random, and exposing them to an alternate version of the client.

Happy or unhappy about it, here is where you can tell:

feedback@evernote.com

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, robfuzz said:

I'm not a beta tester that I know of. I didn't get EN through TestFlight nor do I have a black app icon. Here's a pic of what my default main screen looks like on iPhone.

unnamed.jpg

I became a randomly selected tester as well, but for me it looks different. The sidebar is completely gone. There is a new selection of buttons at the bottom of the screen. On the iPad the screen is unchanged (Home screen with widgets) BUT the "New Note" button is gone! Right, I can't create a new note on the iPad anymore.

IMG_0570.png

7 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Just out of curiosity: If you use a keyboard with the iPad, does the keyboard shortcut for a new note cmd-N work ?

Yes, and the small button within the notes widget on the Home screen works as well. So technically I am able to create a new note, but the normal way, the green button, is gone. Strangely enough the settings for this button are still there.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, gewappnet said:

I became a randomly selected tester as well, but for me it looks different. The sidebar is completely gone. There is a new selection of buttons at the bottom of the screen. On the iPad the screen is unchanged (Home screen with widgets) BUT the "New Note" button is gone! Right, I can't create a new note on the iPad anymore.

IMG_0570.png

Same look and feel o N  my iPhone :-/

On 4/3/2024 at 9:51 AM, gewappnet said:

Yes, and the small button within the notes widget on the Home screen works as well. So technically I am able to create a new note, but the normal way, the green button, is gone. Strangely enough the settings for this button are still there.

With 10.84.1 I got the green button back. Now the interface on the iPad is back to the "old view", except for the lower border that is thicker.

IMG_0722.jpeg

3 hours ago, AJ_D said:

Yes. In iPad I have Home back. But on Android, still no scratch pad or Home Screen widgets.

It depends on the size of the screen/window - at least on iOS. Do you have an Android tablet with a big screen?

No. The Android is a phone. But it has a horizontal scroll of options at the top—and it doesn’t include anything pinned or the scratch pad.