Search result drops into note view with no snippet UI

I think it has been this way for a while that when you search for a note it removes the list of other notes and doesn't show any note location context. 

Is there any way to keep in the snippet view? With the new UI this results in 50% of the width of the app with blank space and disconnects the note from its context. 

2 minutes ago, Tcellguy said:

I think it has been this way for a while that when you search for a note it removes the list of other notes and doesn't show any note location context. 

Is there any way to keep in the snippet view? With the new UI this results in 50% of the width of the app with blank space and disconnects the note from its context. 

This view is very annoying and it occurs in a number of different situations. As you also realise it is impossible to get out of the view into the normal view with the note highlighted..

In the specific case of searching it only occurs if you use one of EN's suggested searches. If you ignore the suggested searches and just run the search by hitting enter you will get the normal view and the notes found should include the note you want surrounded by other notes that meet the search criteria.

It also depends what you mean by "context". You can go directly to the notebook or filter by one of the tags directly from the note in whatever view it is in. However, there is no obvious way of selecting all the notes that were created or edited around the same time. You would need to note the date and then filter or search around that date.

• Like 1

Yeah I the old days the context was the location where the note lived when not filtered on a particular notebook, or if in a notebook what other notes had been recently updated in the vicinity of searched note. It provided a bit of a reminder of what you had been working on before and reduced mental burden of having to find the notes by recall. 

V10 has the recent horizontal slider which is kind of a surrogate for that, but not the same. 

I guess I just really miss the circa 2010 Legacy version. 

• Like 1