Can´t hide - Press "/" to insert an element

I can´t hide the incredibly disturbing help text - Press "/" to insert an element 

The app is unusable to type in nowadays. Have to use another text editor and then paste the text into Evernote.

When will there be a solution?

• Like 2
  • Level 5

It may be annoying, but the editor works as it always did. There is just this slash-shortcut to add elements.

To ask for a solution, contact EN support. Maybe they learn to feed their phrasemachine with something useful for a change.

I probably have ADHD and lose focus when I'm disturbed. Right now, this new feature is bothering me so much that I can't use the app for writing.

I lose focus on what I was going to write with each new line.

What is the email address for bug reporting / support? Trying to communicate with them on every channel I can find. Getting no response, anywhere.

I agree -- the slash commands are distracting and not useful to me, since the same functions are easily by other means. Other users seem to love them, so here's another instance where it would be great to be able to turn features on and off.  

• Like 6

Peter, just wanted to add a +1 for the "Insert..." text being incredibly distracting, couldn't agree more and I hope there is a setting to disable it asap.

PinkElephant, from my experience, I would say the editor is not the same, in addition to the "Insert.." prompt, I'm also seeing an incredible lag / delay when typing into larger notes.  Not sure if it's related to the new "Insert.." feature or not.  But things have definitely changed in the editor. 

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, richot said:

Peter, just wanted to add a +1 for the "Insert..." text being incredibly distracting, couldn't agree more and I hope there is a setting to disable it asap.

Download the latest version from the Evernote site.  There is a setting to disable it.

Thanks @s2sailor!  I just found it under the "..." settings menu in the upper right of the editor.  That's very helpful.  It unfortunately doesn't fix my typing lag issue, but I'll tackle that next. Cheers.