Please remove "Press "/" to insert an element"

Michele Young

Idea

I've been an Evernote user for a very long time, and I love it.  But the constant reminder of "Press "/" to insert an element is driving me crazy!  Please remove it or give us the option to turn off the notification.  Thank you!

• Like 4

9 replies to this idea

Amen to this. The new Press "/" to insert an element  prompt that appears in every blank line of a note is annoying beyond words. I am using the latest Windows Web version of Evernote. Please give us a way to disable this prompt across the board.

OK. I now get that I can press "/" to insert an element in a note. I don't need to see this prompt in every blank line of every note I create. It creates too much distraction to whatever I'm trying to do. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

No one on the forum seems to have a solution to this problem in that there's no toggle and Evernote is not being quick to make any changes. Sorry.

Please email them with your complaint as it seems like it's our only chance: feedback@evernote.com 

So now I can't include forward slash characters in notes!  I need to be able to type / characters without the pop-up insert menu.  Maybe you could make it Shift / to get the insert menu?

On 3/19/2024 at 6:41 PM, agsteele said:

The text prompt will gain a toggle with the next release.

this is a huge relief. thanks Evernote for being responsive to user requests! ❤️

There is already an insert button '+' at the top with the exact same selections. Anything but a normal cursor prompt is a distraction and a negative impact to user productivity.  

Yeah, this "Press "/" to insert an element" is extremely annoying. A quick survey to check whether such a thing is 'appreciated', would be immediately be axed.