Skitch for Mac OS

Hello,

I just bought a new Macbook pro and did a clean install. I'd like to add Skitch to my apps but can't find it in the App sore or on the Evernote site.

Is there a way to install Skitch on my new mac? It was working quite well on my last laptop.

Thank you.

• Level 5

Skitch is outdated and has been withdrawn from the AppStore. It can't be installed any more.

As a (better) replacement, try Shottr. To send screenshots directly into EN, save them into a folder. Make this folder an Import Folder in EN settings.

Awww, that's a shame. Skitch was awesome.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm looking at Cleanshot. If that's not the solution, i'll give Shottr a try.

Cheers

29 minutes ago, kenk514 said:

Awww, that's a shame. Skitch was awesome.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm looking at Cleanshot. If that's not the solution, i'll give Shottr a try.

Cheers

The native app for screenshots on the Mac is great. 

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/take-a-screenshot-mh26782/mac#:~:text=On your Mac%2C press Shift,or use the Touch Bar).

• 4 months later...
On 3/17/2024 at 10:48 AM, PinkElephant said:

Skitch is outdated and has been withdrawn from the AppStore. It can't be installed any more.

As a (better) replacement, try Shottr. To send screenshots directly into EN, save them into a folder. Make this folder an Import Folder in EN settings.

(Old thread I realize but I haven't been on these forums for a while.) Thanks @PinkElephant for the Shottr recommendation!  I had still be using Skitch on Mac (lucky to not had to reinstall since it was removed from store) because its markup features worked better than the native Apple Mac screenshot app, and it had pixelate, which not in the native app.  I'd also been giving Xnapper a try for image to text OCR.  The quick try I just gave Shottr shows that it handles all of the above in what seems an improved way. And, at least of this posting, it's only $8 to purchase (and there is a free trial version).

• Level 5

Yes, Shottr is a gem.

Did you try the rolling screenshot yet ? It takes the shot while automatically scrolling down or up, covering the whole length of a page.

Just one example, there is more to discover.

8 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Yes, Shottr is a gem.

Did you try the rolling screenshot yet ? It takes the shot while automatically scrolling down or up, covering the whole length of a page.

Just one example, there is more to discover.

I had a reason to try the scrolling screenshot about 30 minutes ago and it worked great!  I did have to look up how to scroll the window when you are zoomed in (so I could highlight part of the screenshot) as right-click drag or hold space drag was not intuitive, but once I knew that, it was easy. Thanks again.

• Like 1

it's a real shame, skitch was by far the best app in this realm out there, as it turns out, it's no longer able to make screenshoots.

i tried to reset permissions, but that didn;t put it back to life. it's a real shame the app is dead, why don't they just open source it?

On 7/30/2024 at 6:02 AM, nullx8 said:

it's a real shame, skitch was by far the best app in this realm out there, as it turns out, it's no longer able to make screenshoots.

i tried to reset permissions, but that didn;t put it back to life. it's a real shame the app is dead, why don't they just open source it?

Yes, I haven't been able to use Skitch to take screenshots for a while (over a year, I think). I forgot to mention in my post above that even though I used Skitch to annotate and especially pixelate part of images, I took the screen shots with the native Mac app than pasted into Skitch for the annotations (because the annotations in Apple Preview are very mediocre).  That said, give Shottr a try as recommended by @PinkElephant  I've stared using it recently, and it has been great!  (I like the interface on Skitch better, but Shottr has other useful features Skitch never had such as image to text.

• Level 5
On 7/30/2024 at 12:02 PM, nullx8 said:

It never was great, with these pixelated tools that never created anything professional looking. Then it was not maintained for quite a long time. And today it would be only bad, if it was not deprecated.

Try Shottr and never look back.