Evernote says I have more than 2 devices but I don't and now I'm totally locked out - WTF?

I have kept to the 2 device limit, but I guess that isn't enough for Evernote, who now has locked me out of BOTH devices. 

Is there a work around to this? I've already started migrating my notes off of Evernote, but has anyone else found a way to actually use Evernote on their TWO devices? Or has Evernote screwed us all? 

• Level 5

You have likely tried to sync and unsync devices. Since 2020 there is a maximum of 2 unsyncs per month. If you try more in the wrong way, it can result in a lockout.

If you screwed it, you screwed it yourself.

Wait until it unlocks after 30 days, or subscribe for a month.

6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Real sympathetic there, Pink.

Perhaps the OP didn't realize there an unsync maximum. I sure wouldn't have assumed as much.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 12:54 AM, PinkElephant said:

You have likely tried to sync and unsync devices. Since 2020 there is a maximum of 2 unsyncs per month. If you try more in the wrong way, it can result in a lockout.

Wait until it unlocks after 30 days, or subscribe for a month.

This happened before the sync limit had been reached. I figured out that a Web clipper was considered "a device", despite it being used on the same computer as one of my other devices. 

I found a workaround. One, I uninstalled EN on a computer and only use it on the web on the second computer. 

Two, You can disconnect from the internet then close and reopen Evernote. It doesn't lock you out.

Three, best workaround - I've ditched evernote. This policy pissed me off and I've decided they're not worth keeping. 

On 3/8/2024 at 7:02 AM, kkarney said:

Real sympathetic there, Pink.

Perhaps the OP didn't realize there an unsync maximum. I sure wouldn't have assumed as much.

Yeah, that was a crappy comment. Further, it ignored what I said. 

• Level 5

It ignored nothing of what you said: If you go to the devices page on your account, the Web Client is listed when you have used it. It counts as a device since more than 3 years now. If you miss it, don’t blame others.

On 3/23/2024 at 1:48 AM, tensigh@sonic.net said:

Yeah, that was a crappy comment. Further, it ignored what I said. 

He's a real sweetheart, isn't he? But watch, he'll turn it around to show that WE'RE the ones who are "toxic."