(Archived) Feature parity between Mac and windows version

Hi.

I'm using both worlds. And I really would like to see applications who have the same features on both worlds. Like Dropbox for example.

I really love the mac version of Evernote. But the windows version somehow sucks. Specially the view options on windows are completely different.

On my mac I have the nice Thumbnail View but that's missing on the windows version.

On my win pc a have this strange time band thing... I select something in the upper window, but I'm able to scroll through all notes in the view window. Thats strange.

Don't know if that is a "feature" of the old EN version. But it would be really great to have an option to turn that stuff of. So that I only see the note I selected in the view window. And please give us the Thumbnail view we have in the mac version.

Thanks a lot

Danny

Hi.

I'm using both worlds. And I really would like to see applications who have the same features on both worlds. Like Dropbox for example.

I really love the mac version of Evernote. But the windows version somehow sucks. Specially the view options on windows are completely different.

On my mac I have the nice Thumbnail View but that's missing on the windows version.

On my win pc a have this strange time band thing... I select something in the upper window, but I'm able to scroll through all notes in the view window. Thats strange.

Don't know if that is a "feature" of the old EN version. But it would be really great to have an option to turn that stuff of. So that I only see the note I selected in the view window. And please give us the Thumbnail view we have in the mac version.

Thanks a lot

Danny

Since I'm now straddling both worlds, I just have to comment here. This is, and will continue to be, a major issue for the EN team. As a "old" user (1.5 yrs) of EN, I've grown accustomed to and have come to like the continuous tape paradigm. It works well for what EN does, though I rarely use the Time Band itself.

But as of last Friday, I'm a Mac user at home. I jumped ship, tired of Gates/Ballmer/M$/Windoze and not willing to relearn half of what I know about Windoze to use a clearly inferior OS that is rapidly becoming a much poorer copy of a much better OS. So I have a foot on each side of this fence, and it's not easy operating both, especially since I use EN 2.2 at work because I've come to depend on it's functionality.

None the less, the EN developers have a serious challenge, making EN 3.0's interface work across both platforms as well as in the cloud. But I have a serious suggestion for them, one that might help solve this problem. Why not use the Time Machine metaphor on all platforms? It simulates the EN 2.2 Time Band, but is much nicer. I doubt than many of the old EN users would object to it, Mac users would accept it. Almost everyone whose seen it is WOW'd by it. I think EN would adapt well to it. My only concern is how it could be implemented in the cloud, but that's what those EN developers are getting paid the big bucks for! And while it's very clever, it's so intuitive you certainly don't have to be any kind of power user to implement it. I imagine that lot's of software will incorporate this type of interface in time. EN is perfect for it.

Let me put in a "me too" here. It's kind of amazing that the Mac client doesn't have some of the basic import and export features of the Windows client. In this case, I'm fortunate to be able to run both, but it seems weird that that should be a requirement.

It's not like cross-OS development is all that hard...

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread, but I am quite annoyed by the lack of feature parity, and even platform-difference bugs such as:

I entered some text on my mac and when in synced to my windows machine at work, my line breaks were lost (not translated from mac to pc, or just translated into rtf/html/whatever when entered)

there have been other small annoyances too, most of which i've posted in the forums. this just isn't worth the subscription. sorry boys (and girls)

The line endings problem isn't really a parity issue, it's a plain old bug on the Mac. (You'd see the same issue if your second computer was a Mac.)

Thanks for the report, we're looking into this issue.

Archived