Is there a way to still get 40% off?

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're mainly other users here.  If you're not seeing the offer I assume it closed - are you trying to upgrade while signed in to your account?  Try signing out to see if different rules apply - you can share your current free account with any new account that you might create to move the notes across...

Oh, sorry about that! I thought it was a forum monitored by the official support. 

That's a good advice, but unfortunately I've tried both signed in and off and I can't make the offer to show up. 

That's a bummer. I'm not gonna pay full price for it. It's way to expensive compared to the competition. 

Thanks anyway!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The logic behind this is hard to understand.

The difference between rebated and not rebated is less than a coffee to go per month.

Do you really change app you use for your personal efficiency based on getting a rebate or not ? I see this as the wrong priorities.

If you use it, the regular price is ok. If not, everything is too much.

On 6/3/2024 at 20:28, PinkElephant dijo:

The logic behind this is hard to understand.

The difference between rebated and not rebated is less than a coffee to go per month.

Do you really change app you use for your personal efficiency based on getting a rebate or not ? I see this as the wrong priorities.

If you use it, the regular price is ok. If not, everything is too much.

We are in a new society surrounded by companies that charge low monthly amounts for everything. These are amounts that represent a not inconsiderable annual increase. Perhaps it is time to think differently and not justify any expense with unnecessary extremes.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Personally I manage most subscriptions through my iTunes account. Better overview, easy to cancel.

I understand why many devs are switching to the subscription model. If I watch at most apps on my devices, many of them were downloaded for a specific purpose. For example I once edited and sorted the tags of my music library. This was done easily by downloading an app, with a one time payment.

Since then it sits on my device, and receives regular updates. The dev is forced to update, because the OS updates as well. But I won‘t pay again. It is obvious that this is not a model on which you can make a living.

I expect that more and more switch over to subscriptions. The only method is to manage your software, and decide about what to use, where to subscribe and which apps to drop. It all boils down to „Know your use cases“, and choose what you really use.

• Level 5*

It's also notable that discounts are usually intended to attract new customers or retain departing ones rather than reward existing ones - see insurance companies,  internet providers etc.  There are discounts for paying annually instead of monthly...  I just extended by VPN service by 2 years for a substantial discount.  I had been intending to go to a new provider...

Measure the value of the service against the discounts available to you at any given time.  Plus - Evernote (we may have mentioned before) didn't have any increases for several years.  They're catching up.

On 5/3/2024 at 5:59, Digital Jockey dijo:

Hello,

Despite my better judgment, I've decided to subscribe to Evernote, but can't find the 40% annoying banner anymore.

Can I still get the 40% discount?

Thank you.

I managed to get it by logging into my account and accessing my notes from the web version. When I tried to create a new note, as I have more than the 50 allowed, I got a message asking me to subscribe with the 40% discount, the subscription to the personal version costs 5€/month.  I hope it works for you too.. 😉