Web Clipper only shows a few notebooks

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Evernote 10.74.1 Safari 17.3.1  on Mac 14.3.1

Intermittently when trying to do a web clipping only a few of my notebooks show when I try to select a notebook in the web clipper.  The problem is intermittent and inconsistent.  All notebooks appear when I try to clip this page.  If I change to another open  Safari window only a few of my notebooks appear.

I have disabled and re-enabled web clipper but doesn't seem to make a difference.  I have also noticed a new "login successful" message from Evernote when staring a clipping which I haven't seen before.

• Level 5
  • Solution

Web Clipper does open a Safari tab briefly, uses it for the login and shows a message when this was successful.

First make sure you run the latest software. The client is 10.78 now, and a new web clipper was just released. You need to update web clipper in Safari extensions.

Then check in web clipper settings if „auto filing“ is enabled.

I am now seeing all of my notebooks.   However this new "login successful" screen, which I have never seen before,  is a problem.  I may have up to 80 tabs open that I am working through.  I do a save 1/2 way at tab 40, get the login screen (even though I just used it a few tabs before).  It refreshes the page, I am thrown out back to tab 80.  It is a #$%$#% going back through all of the tabs trying to figure out where I was.

The other issue is that clipper keeps changing the default notebook.  It keeps changing it to "smart filing" from my "last used notebook" setting.

App and clipper updates only worked for a while.  Back to the same problem - only a few notebooks are showing.