Recent searches in Win ENv10 are *Google* recent searches?

I was looking under recent searches in EN v10 desktop for Windows and there were only three listed (with Standard selected) and they all appeared to be *Google* recent searches. Is this a feature? A bug? I'm so confused.... Is EN web clipper sending my Google recent searches to EN desktop? 

• Level 5

That's really weird. In v. 10.78.2 they've actually (silently) fixed a long-running bug in which recent searches were not updated for ages, if ever. It's working right for me at the moment. You could try executing a new search in Evernote, do File > Quit, then restart Evernote and see if that search is at the top of the list.

• Like 1

I'm on:

10.78.2-win-ddl-public (20240227143346)
Editor: v177.5.0
Service: v1.94.2
© 2019 - 2024 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

I just did a search for "new search" in EN and selected File / Quit and re-opened EN and "new search" was not in the list of recent searches. The top result is the same result from my Google search history I saw this afternoon. No new Google search results yet in EN recent searches either.

• Level 5

Very bizarre. Of course I mostly use DuckDuckGo rather than Google, so I don't have any data. But I haven't seen anybody else report this. I'm afraid you're probably going to have to open a ticket with support: https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action. You'll get canned responses for the first round or two, but hopefully it will eventually get someone's attention. Meanwhile, you can keep experimenting to see what shows up in that list. You might also try uninstalling Evernote (people recommend Revo Uninstaller for thoroughness) and reinstalling.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that my search history displayed my latest Google searches, too (V10.79.3).

Then I followed @Dave-in-Decatur's advice

You could try executing a new search in Evernote, do File > Quit, then restart Evernote and see if that search is at the top of the list.

and now the latest searches do appear on the list history in EN.

If you search using a saved search though, that doesn't appear on the list. One could argue, why should it, it is saved after all.

Well, one reason could be: it is immediately visible and easy to reach. With the new UI it is not easy on the eye to expand the whole list of saved searches and it is (again) two or more extra steps.

But that's a minor thing in comparison with others.

• Like 1

I just mentioned the issue here to find out whether this was just my imagination. Also so it gets entered into the public record for posterity.  But I have so many issues with Evernote, starting with "Clicking on feedback in the Mac client results in the focus switching to Chrome browser, but nothing is opened" and continuing with all the Legacy features that aren't in v10, that the appearance of Google searches in the desktop app is by comparison a trivial blip in the growing tide of EN annoyances and not worth my effort to report. Because the Mac feedback button doesn't work I've been focussed on sending my feedback on missing Legacy features to feedback@evernote.com.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
14 minutes ago, chuckkahn said:

I just mentioned the issue here to find out whether this was just my imagination. Also so it gets entered into the public record for posterity.  But I have so many issues with Evernote, starting with "Clicking on feedback in the Mac client results in the focus switching to Chrome browser, but nothing is opened" and continuing with all the Legacy features that aren't in v10, that the appearance of Google searches in the desktop app is by comparison a trivial blip in the growing tide of EN annoyances and not worth my effort to report. Because the Mac feedback button doesn't work I've been focussed on sending my feedback on missing Legacy features to feedback@evernote.com.

Yeah, I think that feedback button is supposed to open an email addressed to feedback@evernote.com in your default email app; if the app is not available for some reason it does nothing. Not a nice look.

I'm willing to discuss missing features in v. 10, if it seems worthwhile to you. I don't know how recently you've looked at it, but a lot has been added over the last year or two; and some are there but relocated. But not everything is there, and I know that for some users some features are especially desirable.