Ho do I sync Evernonet using 2 Macs?

How do I sync Evernonet to 2 Macs? I have the main Mac and it synching online OK. But after installing the same latest version on the second Mac Sonoma, and after login it does not sync to the new Mac. The new Notebooks are missing, which I created before installing the EN to a new machine. What did I do wrong? Maybe I should reinstall the EN altogether because it was a cloned of the High Sierra. Thanks!

• Level 5

Which version(s) do you use ? Direct download or AppStore install ?

Has the new Mac been set up with a TimeMachine backup from a HighSierra Mac ?

Is the second Mac now on Sonoma ?

In general you download the installer from the EN website, execute it, then open the app and log in.

But in your case we should first look at your specific install. The older versions will not sync any more.

After some trials, I have the following issues:

1. If I create a new Note on one of the computers (High Sierra) it synchronizes with the mobile EN, but it does not with the second Mac Sonoma. The note is missing. If I do some modifications inside each note on High Sierra or rename the Note title it does synchronize.

So a new Notebook and a new note do not get synchronized with the second Mac, it does online and Mobile.

Any solution? Thanks.

• Level 5

The simple reason that your Mac with High Sierra is not syncing is that it does not match the minimum system requirements for v10:

image.thumb.png.82684225cc195b3eb6eac3d7158017b3.png

Source: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012107027-Operating-system-requirements-for-Evernote

I want to add that the document has not been updated in a while. EN works fine with MacOS 13 Ventura and MacOS 14 Sonoma as well.

But High Sierra is not on that list. It may work partially, but there is no way to determine what will work, and what doesn’t. If possible you should update your Mac to any of the above mentioned MacOS versions.

Thanks, PinkE. But for some reason, it syncs perfectly with Mobile and online. So, if online are the documents are up to date, why do not update the online files? That is a puzzle. I would be glad to update the Sonoma, if I did not have to pay for dozens and dozens of apps that I purchased lifetime licenses for their new updated subscriptions.

• Level 5

For mobile the limit is iOS 13 or Android 9. For the web there is no limit, because it runs in a browser window, but in fact executes on the server directly. There may be a requirement on the browser.

Here the problem is the not supported MacOS. It may be that the impact is visible on the receiving device. But I think the source of the problem is still the macOS version that is too old for a stable execution of the EN app.

To work around it (if you can’t or don’t want to update MacOS) you could switch to the Web Client, running in a browser window.

• Like 1