Is anyone out there writing an Evernote Raycast extension?

29 minutes ago, Boot17 said:

Fellow Raycast user here... What kinds of abilities and features do you think an Evernote Raycast extension could do/have?

Perhaps something a long these lines:

• Show the most recent notes, by create date and/or update date
  • Show the notes in a specific notebook
  • Search for a note, using text, tag, etc.
  • Show notes with upcoming reminders
  • Create a note
  • Add current clipboard to Evernote
  • Add current selected file in Finder to Evernote
  • Show notes by specific search filter
  • Have a menu bar item for Evernote in Raycast that lists recent notes, upcoming reminders, or something custom.

And clicking on the notes will open them in Evernote locally.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It is basically the same: There are very little extensions for other apps, and the experience has been mixed in the past (to talk in positive words).

Just look in the forum for the outlook extension.

So the answer sticks.

You can send your idea to 

feedback@evernote.com

Always tell WHY you would like to get something.

Just now, PinkElephant said:

It is basically the same: There are very little extensions for other apps, and the experience has been mixed in the past (to talk in positive words).

Just look in the forum for the outlook extension.

So the answer sticks.

You can send your idea to 

feedback@evernote.com

Always tell WHY you would like to get something.

Evernote has an API, that can be used in Zapier, IFTTT, Shortcuts, and directly if one would like to. It would be great to see an update of it, but it's there. And it works. And a Raycast extension would use that API. I'm not expecting the Evernote team to do anything here other than provide the API. My question was to the community and to the users.

My original question: Is anyone out there writing an Evernote Raycast extension?

I love the question and the idea. I wonder if anyone is doing anything new with the API let alone a Raycast extension.

Things at Evernote HQ seem a little volatile(*) to me at the moment with the acquisition, laying off of existing staff, price increases, UI revamp, restructuring of support, announced restructuring of Desktop local data storage, ending of Legacy, etc. The API also hasn't been updated to include Tasks and the RTE implementation broke a few integrations (still broken?) With Reddit and X removing free access to their API, I don't think it would be too far of a stretch for Bending Spoons to want to also charge for their API. If I were working on an integration, I'd worry that my work would be wasted so I'd probably wait a bit to see how it all shakes out first.

So, I'm also curious if anyone is writing an Evernote Raycast extension or any other extension in general and if they have any concerns about any of the above.

(* -- not saying this is a bad thing. Perhaps many of those things were badly needed. It's just a thing.)

• Like 1
  • Level 5

AFAIK the API is still not adapted to RTE. I may be wrong, but I haven’t heard it would be, the documentation doesn’t tell, and some projects (Filterize) have folded because of API problems.

I don’t think it makes sense for any developer to start a project when we all can expect that after the demise of legacy (RIP) the API will get an overhaul as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps something a long these lines:

• Show the most recent notes, by create date and/or update date
  • Show the notes in a specific notebook
  • Search for a note, using text, tag, etc.
  • Show notes with upcoming reminders
  • Create a note
  • Add current clipboard to Evernote
  • Add current selected file in Finder to Evernote
  • Show notes by specific search filter
  • Have a menu bar item for Evernote in Raycast that lists recent notes, upcoming reminders, or something custom.

And clicking on the notes will open them in Evernote locally.  Attention, college scholars! We understand the importance of finding safe and dependable resources for your academic needs. That's why we've conducted an exhaustive examination of the top 5 secure platforms tailored to assist you with essays and other written assignments. This review washingtoncitypaper.com/article/604229/college-essay-writing-service-how-to-choose-faq-our-top-5/ delves into each resource's safety protocols, ensuring your data and academic integrity remain intact. Take control of your academic journey by exploring our detailed analysis and make educated choices for your essay writing assistance.

Thanks for being so detailed, I could definitely use that.

• Like 1