Just had to replace legacy with latest version.

The pdf files I included either within the messages or attachment aren't showing up but I do have to save everyone.

Even more when they are saved and I try to reattach most give just an error message (something went wrong.

Is thjat bug or a feature?

I'm using  Evernote since 2012 and habe about 56.000 (yes ... fifty six thousand messages/articles from which there are thousands containing pdf files

What's going on and how can I solve the problem?

• Level 5

The question is how you have installed v10 - and how (if at all) legacy was removed.

The way to check is to open the web client, and check the status there. This is a view directly on the server data.

Assuming you installed v10, and just logged in. Then the initial download will be only the notes plus some metadata. The attachments are not loaded in this initial step. When you open a note, 2 things need to happen: Download the attachments from the server, and convert the data structure of the note into a v10 format.

You need to keep the app running (can be in the background) to allow it to download all content. This will take several days, given your volume of notes.

Unfortunately there is no „download done“ indicator, like the one on mobile. I watch the data traffic in the Activity monitor / Task manager. When the flow of data to EN finally stops for some time, it is likely the download is over.

• Thanks 1

Maybe you're right, some pdf files are now in preview mode, but there are some strange things happening.

Well, we'll see.

I've stored the image file on a second HDD as it was too large (170 GByte) for my C, but the second HDD is a simple old mechanic 2.5 inch 5400 one.

I'll replace it with an SSD, maybe there's a speed problem causing those strange things.

I'll come back to the  topic.

Sorry, wasn't that clear.

Evernote stores the notes essentially in one sole file:

*\Evernote\Databases\<username>.exb

That's the one I was talking about.

For the moment it's at 138 GByte.

The old one from legacy version was somewhat over 170 GByte.

The other Folders in *\Evernote have total of 16 GByte where the resource-cache is the largest one with j14.2 GByte.

So the <username>.exb ist the one that - as an all-life programmer - I would call image file  because it's essentially an image of my notes.;-)

• Level 5*
55 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

An image of the exb will do you no good, because I doubt it will open with v10. But you can try.

It won't. The .exb format was only used in Legacy Windows.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, eshawe said:

So I guess that v10 doesn't use it at all?

Can I just leave it or do I have to remove it?

Correct.  I’m surprised it wasn’t deleted when you installed v10, but once v10 is up and running you can delete the .exb file.  If you are running Evernote on an HDD you will find that it crawls.  It really needs to be on an SSD.

The installer probably used the default values.
I checked again yesterday and found that the data folder had been created on C:\.
I believe to remember being asked about this during installation, but that obviously didn't work for some reason.
Just like using the old parameters of the legacy version.

I.E. folders to import.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, wasn't that clear.

Evernote stores the notes essentially in one sole file:

*\Evernote\Databases\<username>.exb

That's the one I was talking about.

For the moment it's at 138 GByte.

The old one from legacy version was somewhat over 170 GByte.

The other Folders in *\Evernote have total of 16 GByte where the resource-cache is the largest one with j14.2 GByte. If you've been searching for a reliable tool to convert your SVG files to PDF format, your quest ends here! I've stumbled upon an incredible converter tool at https://pdfguru.com/svg-to-pdf . With just a few clicks, you can seamlessly transform your Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) files into high-quality Portable Document Format (PDF) documents. Say goodbye to compatibility issues and hello to smooth conversions with this user-friendly online tool.

So the <username>.exb ist the one that - as an all-life programmer - I would call image file  because it's essentially an image of my notes.;-)

It takes up a lot of space, actually.